Bullhead/mudpout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
arnpriormike
Participant
Participant

Bullhead/mudpout

Post by arnpriormike »

I'm going to introduce my 3 year old daughter to mudpout fishing tonight. I grew up to it but haven't done it I years. I now live in Clayton. Any good water bodies that hold a good number of these fish in the Lanark area? Just looking for thoughts. Thanks everyone.
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Re: Bullhead/mudpout

Post by pickereye chaser »

arnpriormike wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:06 am I'm going to introduce my 3 year old daughter to mudpout fishing tonight. I grew up to it but haven't done it I years. I now live in Clayton. Any good water bodies that hold a good number of these fish in the Lanark area? Just looking for thoughts. Thanks everyone.
They're definitely in White, I've gotten them here and there incidentally and I've seen stick rod holders on shore at the launch in the south end in the spring. The MNR fish online site shows them in Clayton/Taylor. Since its just down the road for ya, you may want to check out concession 12C Taylor Lake boat launch as well.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Bullhead/mudpout

Post by smitty55 »

I would suggest you try off the command bridge or the shoreline there. It's only 5 minutes away on the Galbraith rd. I know some guys that were around there last weekend and did ok, bite didn't start till dark.
Smitty

Straight shooter