Lanark/Kayak/Trout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Lanark/Kayak/Trout

Post by threeparrots »

Hi all,

Hoping to get out in the coming weeks and was thinking I may try and get the kayak out on a trout-stocked lake in Lanark. Does anyone have intel on some accessible ones? I was thinking Peterwhite, but unsure how accessible it would be with a kayak/dolly/etc..

Would obviously post all the pictures here afterwards :D :D

Any and all info welcomed!!

Thanks!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Lanark/Kayak/Trout

Post by smitty55 »

It depends how long you're willing to drag your yak. There is a trail into Kates and Duncs, but you're looking at a good 2k walk. Peterwhite is certainly a shorter tour but it depends how wet those two trails off the powerline road are. The first one looks dryer.
Smitty

Straight shooter
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Corvus Lacus »

If you're willing to drive a little further....north Frontenac has a bunch of stocked trout lakes with easy road access. Check out Fish OnLine.

This poor fella from a few weeks ago had all his fins worn out from spending his life in a concrete pen.
Attachments
20230531_132515.jpg
20230531_132515.jpg (6.98 MiB) Viewed 2399 times
The tug is the drug..
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Post by threeparrots »

Thanks for the info.

Smitty: Would Peterwhite hike in be manageable with a kayak on a dolly? For Kate's and Duncs, it looks like the walking trail is of Darling 6th C.? Parking available?

Corvus: Thanks for that too. I was hoping to only go as far as Lanark, living in Ottawa and trying to make a half day out of it. But I'll keep those lakes in mind for other trips for sure.

Feel free to PM me any additional info!

Thanks again.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

threeparrots wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:22 am Thanks for the info.

Smitty: Would Peterwhite hike in be manageable with a kayak on a dolly? For Kate's and Duncs, it looks like the walking trail is of Darling 6th C.? Parking available?
I really have no idea what that trail up the powerline would be like anymore. I know that trail gets a lot of atv use but it's been ages for me.
As for Kates, just park on the side of the road where the 6th ends. Last time I was in there was in the winter but it's a decent trail. Not sure how the branch off to Duncs is but for sure it's a steep slope down to the lake once you get there. Duncs sees less pressure over all.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Post by threeparrots »

Cool. Thanks for the info!

Much appreciated.