Salmon Anyone??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Salmon Anyone??

Post by JimW »

I spend a few days on Lake Ontario over the last week chasing salmon. The salmon fishing East of Toronto has been a little slow to heat up and still has been on and off but we managed to find a good number of active fish each time out this past week. Lots of chinook salmon in the 17 to 20 range and a few coho salmon and rainbow trout added to the mix.

Jesse coho FH.jpg
Jesse coho FH.jpg (259.16 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
Jesse rainbow FH.jpg
Jesse rainbow FH.jpg (280.62 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

Most of the time we fished the morning bite, 5am to 10am in 120 feet of water running downriggers down 55 to 65 feet, wire line dipsey setups with 150 to 175 feet of line out and 150 foot and 300 foot weighted steel setups. All of our fish were caught on various spoons and flashers with Twinkie rigs and Deep Rig artificial herring strips or real herring strips.

If anyone is interested in getting out on Lake Ontario for some salmon action contact me and I will send you details.

big king FH.jpg
big king FH.jpg (182.49 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
bryan 2 FH.jpg
bryan 2 FH.jpg (195.51 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
double FH.jpg
double FH.jpg (239.52 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
Hopefully if the weather cooperates I will be back out on Lake Ontario later this week in search of that 30 pound salmon.
group photo FH.jpg
group photo FH.jpg (206.53 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
group shot FH.jpg
group shot FH.jpg (245.48 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
F_H Angling Adventures logo 400.png
F_H Angling Adventures logo 400.png (100.76 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing