Weekend Salmon with Jim

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mav
Participant
Participant

Weekend Salmon with Jim

Post by Mav »

Hey FH!

Went out with Jim @Jimwilsonfishing on Friday and had an absolutely awesome day of fishing. Got out of the launch around 4:30 and hit the water. Not long after we had our first strike in the dark off a glowing spoon. Unfortunately we lost it...but not long after we got hit again and I bring in the first fish of the day a smaller chinook to get us going on the same glowing spoon.
thumbnail_IMG_3614.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3614.jpg (409.26 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
However, gotta say the highlight of the day was hooking up to a double-header. My wife and I both had 20+lb salmon on the line at the same time and it's a good thing Jim brought his second net. We landed both fish. My wife's was a 21lb 11oz Salmon and mine was 20lb 8oz. Amazing!
thumbnail_IMG_1961.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1961.jpg (520.51 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
thumbnail_IMG_1963.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1963.jpg (718.84 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Most of our bites were in between 5-7:30...by then we had 4 Salmon in the livewell. A couple late bites later around 9-10, real big hits and although we got one to the boat we couldn't get that big one in the boat. By around 11 we had netted a couple more and we really wanted to hit a rainbow. Going deeper out we trolled around and hit two rainbows! One of which made it to the boat. All in all we had a heck of a day bringing home 6 Salmon and 1 Rainbow. Here's the biggest one:
thumbnail_IMG_2398.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2398.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1629 times
And here's a nice one I got to bring in we caught on Jim's Hotfish Lures flasher:
thumbnail_2f7bfb17-5b5b-40c5-98c4-a12cd93e25b1.jpg
thumbnail_2f7bfb17-5b5b-40c5-98c4-a12cd93e25b1.jpg (96.37 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Huge shout out to Jim!! I can't say enough about how much I learned spending a day in the boat with him. He knows all the tricks and is dialed in. We would not have caught all these fish without his knowledge, experience and fish-sense. He even offered to do a special fish dance to call in the fish...we declined, but it was super generous of him. My wife and I can't wait to get out with Jim again and go net some fish!!! Thank you so much Jim for being an awesome FH admin!!
thumbnail_IMG_2417.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2417.jpg (732.42 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weekend Salmon with Jim

Post by JimW »

Great having you two on board, it was a fun morning with some good fish and great fishing partners.

If anyone is looking to get out for some salmon fishing action I have a few dates left in July, August and early September. Contact me for more information.

Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Angling Adventures
F_H Angling Adventures Info 650.jpg
F_H Angling Adventures Info 650.jpg (124.88 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing