Foam flooring for ice camping

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
John Zach
Participant
Participant

Foam flooring for ice camping

Post by John Zach »

Hi all,

I guess this is maybe a bit early to start talking about this, but I'm beginning to assemble some necessary items and equipment to make up an ice camping set-up. I've been doing my research and have ideas of a bunch of things I'd like to get or have already gotten, but I'm wondering if anybody has suggestions for what foam floor mats to buy?

I intend to get your standard interlocking 2x2ft mats, but there are several options for even this type on the internet, many of which are rather expensive, some less so.

If any of you are ice-campers yourselves or simply own any such foam mats, I'd love to hear any advice about where to find good deals, since the price really adds up when you're trying to cover 75 square feet.

Also, any other pro tips for a new ice-camper are welcome!

Stay safe, and tight lines as always,

John Zach
Fordpodolski
Participant
Participant

Re: Foam flooring for ice camping

Post by Fordpodolski »

I used the “cheap” ones from Canadian tire. For what I wanted, they served well. I had only used about 8 squares total, just around the cots. If you can pick the thicker ones up on sale I’d say go with them, but also adds to the bulk!