A Little Eastern Ontario Lake Trout Action

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Little Eastern Ontario Lake Trout Action

Post by JimW »

Well my boat is in winter storage, but with mild temperatures and calm winds, I made plans this past weekend my my buddy Kyler from Young’s Big Water Sportfishing to go on a little open water adventure hoping to slam a lake trout or two.

Well the fish were cooperative and not long after setting up our 4 rod spread we were into catching fish. The lake trout kept us busy all morning... with multiple double and tripleheaders landed!!!
jim 1.jpg
jim 1.jpg (224.98 KiB) Viewed 808 times
kyler 1.jpg
kyler 1.jpg (204.22 KiB) Viewed 808 times
After about 3 hours of steady trout action, we stopped counting around 20 fish, we moved locations and changed tactics to try and find a couple walleye. Unfortunately no walleye, we had a couple hits that felt like walleye, but they came unhooked, we did add a few more lakers to our total though.
3 in net.jpg
3 in net.jpg (331.33 KiB) Viewed 808 times
jim 3.jpg
jim 3.jpg (250.67 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Off the water early afternoon and heading home with a quick stop along the way to check the ice at one of my favourite ice fishing spots.... ice looked good, may have to go back for some ice fishing soon.

Hard to beat mild temperatures, calm waters and non-stop fishing action. Most of the fish were caught on TNT Fishing Lures spoons and twinkie rigs with Hotfish lures flashers and Deep Rig Tackle artificial herring trips.
kyler 3.jpg
kyler 3.jpg (231.59 KiB) Viewed 808 times
flasher meatr.jpg
flasher meatr.jpg (316.85 KiB) Viewed 808 times
If anyone wants to get in on this incredible action, Fish-Hawk.Net Angling Adventures has a few open charter dates for weekends in April and May. If we cannot accommodate your needs my buddy Kyle from Young’s Big Water Sportfishing might be able to hook you up.

Don't wait, book now.... dates fill up fast!!!
double lakers.jpg
double lakers.jpg (241.84 KiB) Viewed 808 times
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
Fisherman89
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: A Little Eastern Ontario Lake Trout Action

Post by Fisherman89 »

Wow, what an awesome day on the water! I guess there is an upside to these warm temps if you have the means to get out on the big water. The calm winds the past two weekends have also been welcome on the hard water :D
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: A Little Eastern Ontario Lake Trout Action

Post by CCLad »

Thanks for sharing Jim, it brings back some great memory's. I used to run a boat out of Wellington. Lake O is an AMAZING fishery!!
CCLad.