April Fool's Lake Trout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

April Fool's Lake Trout

Post by JimW »

I had a couple guys out in the Starcraft for a lake trout charter on Monday on Eastern Lake Ontario.

FH boat.jpg
FH boat.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 163 times

FH trolling set up.jpg
FH trolling set up.jpg (145.3 KiB) Viewed 163 times

The morning was a little slow catching a few scattered fish in a couple different locations. The winds were light and the weather was great, so we could easily travel around checking different spots which eventually paid off. We found a concentration of fish on top of a shoal which we then started trolling back and forth over and shortly we were into a good bunch of fish.

FH big smile.jpg
FH big smile.jpg (215.56 KiB) Viewed 163 times
FH Pat .jpg
FH Pat .jpg (203.72 KiB) Viewed 163 times

We were running 6 rods, 2 downrigger, 2 dipsey divers and 2 leadcore set ups, running 4 spoons, 1 twinkie rig with Deep Rig Tackle King strip and 1 Spin Doctor snip n' glow combo. In the relatively shallow and clear water we were fishing in the afternoon the leadcore lines 200 feet back and out to the sides were the most productive lines. followed by the dipsey diver rods. The hot lures were TNT Fishing Lures 7 Seas spoon and Hotfish flasher with custom twinkie rig with a Deep Rig artificial herring strip.

FH laker close up 7 seas.jpg
FH laker close up 7 seas.jpg (214.58 KiB) Viewed 163 times
FH Pat laker with spoon.jpg
FH Pat laker with spoon.jpg (312.57 KiB) Viewed 163 times

All in all a great day on the water.
FH double.jpg
FH double.jpg (251.27 KiB) Viewed 163 times
FH 2 guys 2 lakers.jpg
FH 2 guys 2 lakers.jpg (220.75 KiB) Viewed 163 times
I have possibly 1 or 2 charter dates for lake trout left this Spring if anyone is interested.
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing