Bottle Lake, Kawartha Highlands P.P.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BassYakker
Participant
Participant

Bottle Lake, Kawartha Highlands P.P.

Post by BassYakker »

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and need some help. I'm planning a solo trip to Bottle Lake in Kawartha Highlands Prov Park this summer with my inflatable kayak. (Not a toy - $1,700). I've never been to the area! I'm 75 years of age with Diabetes and COPD. Google Maps shows a short portage about 120 meters to the water from the parking area. Can anyone tell me if this is an uphill climb or fairly flat and also if I can use my small kayak cart? I can manage to get over rocks and stumps OK. I'm not supposed to be portaging anymore but I still love "bushwhacking"! Also, if you have experience there, I'm wondering if there are many campsites on the lake.
Any and all info much appreciated!
BassYakker
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Bottle Lake, Kawartha Highlands P.P.

Post by CCLad »

Hi there, sorry I am not familiar with the lake you are talking about. One thing you can do is consult a topographical map of that area. It will give you the elevation in the parking area and at the end of the hike...
Good luck.