Anyone know of a Yamaha outboard mechanic

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
John Thompson
Participant
Participant

Anyone know of a Yamaha outboard mechanic

Post by John Thompson »

Who does work on the side. Trying to teach my step son (he's 14) to get the boat on the trailer and he hit bottom quite a bit. The prop is pretty banged up and I'd like to have the lower unit checked. I have been enquiring at marina's and the labour rate is really high! It's a 25 horse.

I know, stupid me, I thought he was ready and I was in the van and couldn't hear him.

Any help appreciated.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

I think CP marine out in Carelton Place might be your best bet.

No experience with them first hand, so I cannot comment.
http://www.cpmarine.com/

And, does anyone know if Laurentian is an autorized Yammy dealer? I personally like to give the site sponsors first kick at the can.

Good luck.

M.T. Livewell

(And for what it is worth, I've got a 14 year old who drives my lawn tractor like he's in the Indy. I keep my smaller kids and pets indoors. Sometimes it is just better to close your eyes and sign the checks. :D )
Sluggo
Participant
Participant

Post by Sluggo »

Don't bother messing around. Call C.P Marine (257-1772). Their senior mechanic has 25-30 years experience on Yamaha motors. They are also quick and reasonably priced. They even fixed up my old 25hp Johnson this year.
John Thompson
Participant
Participant

Post by John Thompson »

Thanks for the info and I will take your advice. Off to CP Marine (well, sometime this winter when I can afford it!)