Thanks to BAOO for another great season

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Thanks to BAOO for another great season

Post by JP »

Just wanted to thank BAOO and it's executive for another great year. It was a rebuilding year for the club with a few new faces and alot of old ones :P . It already looks like there will be good numbers for next year.

The season was capped off yeasterday with the STEVE LEE MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT on the Rideau River at Taylor park. A day where everyone remembered a great angler and person in Steve who tragically past away last year. $25 from each entry was collected for Steve's family and I think $625 was raised. Great job everyone.

The day was cool and a cold wind picked up mid day with sunny and cloudy periods through out the day. Fishing was tough and Jim W. and I didn't get our first legal fish till 1pm, a dink largemouth off a dock with a blue and black 3" tube.Althouth Jim did tie into a really fat 36" muskie on a tube which gave him an awsome fight on his 5"6' tub rod. We landed it and relased her and she took off like a rocket. I got bit off by one while using a Senco type bait and Jim had another follow. We almost forgot we were in a bass tourney :wink: . We went back to the flats and threw spinner baits the rest of the day. Jim picked up 2 more small largemouth and I lost 2(sorry Jim :oops: :cry: ) in the weeds. It was 3:30 and we tried one last spot and boom Jim has a good hit, sets the hook and with my horrable net job we got her in the boat. A great 4.05 largie. Great we have 4 fish lets go weigh-in. When we got in many people were talking about the hard day it was, Jim and I were happy with that because we ended up 9th and cashed a cheque(even if it was small). thanks again to Jim for pulling our butt out of the fire at the last minute and thanks to everyone who came out to support a great cause.
See u all at the muskie outing on Oct. 30th.
Cheers
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

JP,

It was a fun day, all be it a bit frustrating to start since I didn't get my first bass until 2:30. But overall it was a good day and some money was raised for a good cause. Quite a bit of muskie action out there, should be good for the 30th.

JimW
frasej
Participant
Participant

BAOO (Steve Lee Tournament)

Post by frasej »

Just wondering how many teams participated in this event and what was the winning weight.

Thanks,
Jim
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Jimmy!!!! ... nice job lad.

Now, do I need to ask where those fish were during the regular season?! :D

BTW, your coat is still in my boat :roll:

Glad the day was a hit.

M.T. Livewell
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Thanks MT, I'll get my coat sometime?

26 teams in the tournament. Winning weight was around 14.5 pounds for 4 fish.

JimW