Just back for surgery

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Just back for surgery

Post by baz fish »

Hi everybody I just got back from a wisdom teeth surgery this morning thats meen no fishing for me today at least. I got a wisdom teeth extraction now i dont feel pain because im still on anhestesia a bit but might be painful later on I would like to here your experience about if you had that surgery.

Probably going fishing tomorrow if im feeling well. If not all be in Wendover Saturday furshure.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

When I had mine pulled years ago...I had excurciating pain...however..I still managed to play my hockey game that night....what was not smart was getting into a fight aswell. :shock:
It took a few days to recover... :cry:

Tylanol 3's help... :D
Last edited by Canadian Bacon on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Wisdom teeth no more

Post by Seaweed »

I feel for you Baz... but wisdom teeth can be a pain for sure

You will ride out a bit of pain as the pain killer wears off but hopefully the dentist gave you something to take to help out there.

Whiskey works wonders too... :lol:

I remember that the doctor couldn`t have told me often enough after taking mine out that I should NOT SMOKE.... because of the danger to getting cancer in the mouth... with the open wounds. So.... don`t smoke until you are healed... like two days if you can manage that.

I had so much pain with my wisdom teeth that sometimes I still get the pain there despite the fact that the teeth are gone... wierd as that is others tell me they experience the same feeling.

Good luck with everything Baz
Buck
Participant
Participant

Post by Buck »

I got mine pulled out a few years back, all three of them... Since we don't use them anymore, I beleive this is a sign of evolution...hehehe! I might be an exeption to the rule, but I had no swelling, plus I ate solid food the day after. Tylenol 3's will help alot, too bad you didn't get Demerol, besides releiving from any pain, the buzz is also pleasant...hehehe. Seriously though, the pain is present, but I don't beleive its enough to hold a true fisherman from going out! Good luck!

buck
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Ahhhh Demerol now that stuff works... Whenever i get a really bad back that makes the pain dissappear.. tylanol doesn't make a difference at all for me.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I've escaped having my removed to date, but when my husband had all of his done, there was a lot of swelling. I know it hurt, though he's not a complainer.

If you don't have Tylenol3 or some other prescription Rx painkiller from your surgeon, then take Tylenol every 4 hours without waiting for the pain to kick in. Also, I don't know if you can take Motrin, but when I worked at the hospital, the docs told me that although most people take 400 mg of Motrin (ibuprofen) per dose, if you're really hurting you can do up to 800 mg. I wouldn't do this for more than 2 or 3 consecutive doses before backing off to the recommended dosage, but I've done this on occasion without any ill effects.

Good luck and hope you're recovery is quick.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Thanks for the advice guys and gals the dentist give me a prescription of APO-IBUPROFEN to kill the pain some penicillin for the swelling and some dexamethasone. I hope thats good Wolfe By the way I doesn't have any sign of swelling just a bit of pain. Sure I would rather be fishing then to be recovering from that surgery. Im out fishing tomorrow if everything goes well.
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

trick

Post by Graembo »

Let those useless pills wear off, and just slam the rye till u pass out

It ain't fun...i remember too well

G

...I HATE dentists :evil:
lostchild
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by lostchild »

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled 2 weeks ago. The pain and swelling was worse the second and third day but after that not too bad. It will also vary depending on how impacted there were and of course how much cutting and stitching they did. The worse part I think is the gauze that there stuff in your mouth after the surgery and then ask you a million question afterwards excepting you to answer! LOL Had my done in the hospital, I have no dental plan and it was cheaper goning that route, still cost me $620 which included xrays and pre and follow-up appointment so not too bad I guess!
keep it reel
Participant
Participant

Post by keep it reel »

Baz, had mine pulled about 5 yrs ago.The worst part was not listening to them and getting what is called a dry socket :twisted: not fun man.