FINALLY, we are back.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

FINALLY, we are back.

Post by Bobber »

And if I ever run into CyberTurk, I'm gonna take out big can of cyber whip butt on them. Thanks everyone for your patience, notes, calls, e-mails, and Instant Messages.

Just in case you are interested, the problem was the following........

They hacked into the database and got access to the raw data. They embedded code into the Desciption you see above just below the Fish-Hawk.Net header that redirected the site. This code was embedded at the end with 500 spaces before they started to code. If I did press the End key, I would never have found it. They also embeded the same code in the description of the forums. Thanks Mikey and Scooter for all their help throughout the day as well.

I'll check into it to see if there are some patches to avoide this in the future

SIDE EFFECTS: We may have lost some avatars in this fix and I apologize for that. Please upload them again or let me know what I can do to help you get them back.

Thanks again all.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Way to go Bobber.
Hell I'll supply the can opener.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Thanks Bobber...great Job :D :D , I was starting to babble and Shake, i hate With Drawel Symtoms.... AND I REALY HATE HACKERS...if they fish...I hope they catch a fish of a life time ...get it right up to the boat, where they can see it....and the line breaks. losing the fish and a $12.00 bait :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Thanks again All who got the site up and Running :D
Weeder
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Weeder »

By the time I noticed the Turkish Hackers were going about their stupid business, and called Bobber to let him know, he had been on it for a few hours, with out of town guests at his home. So, keep that in mind when you think free-stuff like this site is readily available. Bobber, Fish-Hawk and many others spend countless hours behind the scenes, risking divorce, just to keep this puppy going. They love it. Keep supporting it.
Good job with the fix Bobster! Missed you walking the dog this morning (while you were doing the anti-terrorist thing on the site) - did you need the shop vac to clean it up?
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Bobber for PM!!!!.... :D
nywalleye2
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by nywalleye2 »

Thanks bobber, glad the site is up and running again. I hope the hackers stay away for good now.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Another side effect that was just reported is some people defaulting to the SubSilver theme instead of the DesserStorm. This will affect the colors of your board.

If your colors are not the ones you like, just go into your profile and change your theme from SubSilver to DessertStorm.

This should fix it.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

All is right with the world again, I can come on in the middle of the night, like now, and there's no issues :!: :roll: Whew :!: :lol:
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

Wall-I-Guy wrote:All is right with the world again, I can come on in the middle of the night, like now, and there's no issues :!: :roll: Whew :!: :lol:
.....right on WIG, :!: :wink:

:idea: ......any bets we might set a new attendance record today? :wink:
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

We all appreciate the hard work that they go to in order to keep this site up and running!

Once again,
Thanks
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

How do YOU spell relief

F-I-S-H---H-A-W-K
:D :D :D :D :D

thanks to all involved in the fix that was a long day :( :(
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Good job Bobber!! Damn those cyberturks, or should I say cyberjerks!!!! :x :evil: :x :evil:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Thanks Bobber :!: :!:
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Good work lads

Post by Legend »

:) Kudos for riding out the storm. Remember, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. That/those Hacker(s) rank right up there with Virus creators, telemarketers, politicians and gobies.

The strength of this site has always been it's participants and Lord knows, we've been through a few challenges in the past. Let's ruin the ne'er-do-well's ambition by keep on keeping on... (Man, I sound like a freaking Hippie)

WTG folks!

:) Legend
Chuckles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

hackers

Post by Chuckles »

Great to see the site up and running again. Ever since I've registered, it has become a daily routine for me to get on here and check out the hawk talk and post some of my opinions also. Good job to all that was involved in getting the site back up.

thx

chuckles