Sturgeon Lake

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Chris Mac
Participant
Participant

Post by Chris Mac »

I fished sturgeon lake in '06 numerous times and almost always had good success. I caught my personal best smallie up there (6.5 pounds) which was
Chris Mac
Participant
Participant

Post by Chris Mac »

I fished sturgeon lake alot in '06 and always had good success. I caught a 6.5 pound smallie in the f3 stretch along daytona beach, actually thats the only spot ive ever fished on the lake is that hole stretch on the west side. Ive caught some walleye, bass and my buddy had a muskie on right up next to the boat thinking he was dragging in weeds until we all met face to face he jumped out of the water bit the line with a smile and took off. Scared the crap out of us. Anyway, ill be goin up again this year and cant wait. The biggest thing for an angler is to mark the structures on the bottom of the lake, guarenteed the more spots you have the more success. So common guys, lets map this project to the T. Also, im working on rice lake through pinpoints on google earth. Anyone willing to take the time im willing to work on putting something together. Chow for now.
dmillerizer
Participant
Participant

Post by dmillerizer »

any body out there ever fished big gull lake? Im going in june and want to target pike and walleye. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
BOOTHEAD
Participant
Participant

Sturgeon lake Walleye

Post by BOOTHEAD »

I used to live just off of sturgeon lake between Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon and have had great success on the lake fishing for walleye and bass. There is a great place to launch and shore fish at verulum park. the launch is sandy gravely but should offer enough traction to get in and out, although i did get an old GM work van stuck once, no 4wheel. There is great fishing to be had directly off the old government wharf for walleye in the evenings and bass and panfish during the day. i've even witnessed 30 - 40 lb muskie caught from the dock. it's also a great place to spend the day with the family, a small isolated beach and park. probably won't be home this year for the opener. send me a message and maybe we can trade hot spots on this lake for something near ottawa where i am living now.

Cheers
mcconnell_51
Participant
Participant

where the walleye at?

Post by mcconnell_51 »

well ive been fishing this lake as long as i have lived on it and ive found some nice walley around sec. D8, and F6
mcconnell_51
Participant
Participant

Re: 6 brothers

Post by mcconnell_51 »

Simmer wrote:got 6 ski's, all brothers about 32-36' and around 9lbs, in one weekend between 2 boats. All were caught in the scugog river channel (K1, K2, L1) on the south side of Green Island. Nothing on the north side of the island and nothing any farther down the river. Trawled the heck out of Sturgeon point and nothing. All fish were taken within 100 yards of each other. This was during a miserable late October last year.
Has anybody ever pulled any 45' or 50'+ out of this lake?
Trying to decide if we should go back. Getting greedy and looking for a trophy this year.
caught a 48 just off the sturgeon pt. golf course and up along hickory beach i caught a 54 all on jugs believe it or not. theyre sittin on the ledge where it drops about 17-22 feet
Forester
Participant
Participant

Post by Forester »

F3 and G3 is a good spot for smallies in summer,but don't drive too close to shore,there are rocks and sank branches.
Forester
Participant
Participant

Re: 6 brothers

Post by Forester »

mcconnell_51 wrote:
Simmer wrote:got 6 ski's, all brothers about 32-36' and around 9lbs, in one weekend between 2 boats. All were caught in the scugog river channel (K1, K2, L1) on the south side of Green Island. Nothing on the north side of the island and nothing any farther down the river. Trawled the heck out of Sturgeon point and nothing. All fish were taken within 100 yards of each other. This was during a miserable late October last year.
Has anybody ever pulled any 45' or 50'+ out of this lake?
Trying to decide if we should go back. Getting greedy and looking for a trophy this year.
caught a 48 just off the sturgeon pt. golf course and up along hickory beach i caught a 54 all on jugs believe it or not. theyre sittin on the ledge where it drops about 17-22 feet
That's great to know. Thanks!