Buckhorn Lake

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buckhorn Lake

Post by Fishhawk »

Lake Description:
Buckhorn Lake is one of the Kawartha Lakes and also part of the Trent Severn Canal System that extends from the Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario to Georgian Bay on Lake Huron, a distance of 386 kms (as the fish swims).

Species:
I know there are smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, walleye (pickeral), and muskie in this lake. Send me an email to tell me where to look for the fish based on the grid I have placed over the lake.

If anyone can provide explicit directions for where to launch, that would be much appreciated.

Have you fished this body of water? If so, tell us how you did and where you had success.

Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"

Post by Guest »

:o muskie@largemouth g5 of scottsmanpoint. early july.red devil
Mark

Muskie on Buckhorn

Post by Mark »

G5 has always been a very productive area for me. I've never seen this area marked on any fishing map as a muskie location. There are clearly lots of skies to be found here. I usually fish the weed flats near the channel. Casting is your only chance here because it does get weedy.
GOFISH666
Participant
Participant

Post by GOFISH666 »

:!: Anyone fishing around the islands in J4 be very careful! There are stone bridges in the water linking the islands that the Indians have put there so they can get from island to island and they are only 3 to 6 inches under the water.I found out about these while out fishing with a buddy who spends a lot of his time fishing this area.We made it over 3 of the 4 of them easily the last one really hurt almost throwing me off the deck of his boat. He told me about these bridges (very good advice) after he found them by accident and it cost him a prop. Oops :shock:

Tight Lines : :wink: A little help from a friend sometimes saves you a few bucks!!!!!!!!!!
GOFISH666
Participant
Participant

Post by GOFISH666 »

:!: Anyone fishing around the islands in J4 be very careful! There are stone bridges in the water linking the islands that the Indians have put there so they can get from island to island and they are only 3 to 6 inches under the water.I found out about these while out fishing with a buddy who spends a lot of his time fishing this area.We made it over 3 of the 4 of them easily the last one really hurt almost throwing me off the deck of his boat. He told me about these bridges (very good advice) after he found them by accident and it cost him a prop. Oops :shock:

Tight Lines : :wink: A little help from a friend sometimes saves you a few bucks!!!!!!!!!!
shep
Participant
Participant

Post by shep »

HELLO ANGLERS... THERE ARE A FEW AREA'S ON THE LAKES MY BROTHERS, FRIENDS AND MYSELF HAVE LUCK WHILE FISHING... FIRST, JUST OUT OF THE MARINA OF EMERALD ISLE, FIRST BACK BAY TO THE RIGHT... AROUND K-5.... THERE IS A HOUSE THAT STANDS ALONE... LOTS OF BASS AND AN OCCASIONAL MUSKIE... SWIM WHIZZ, SPINNERS AND MR. TWISTER SPINNERS... ALL COLORS, RED AND WHITE BEING THE BEST FOR THE TWISTER... SECOND, GRID LINES J-4ALMOST-5... WE CALL THE COW PASTURE, LOTS OF BASS, NICE SIZE THROUGHOUT... CAN BE THICK WITH WEEDS, BUT YOU WILL FIND CIRCLED OUT AREAS CLEARED OF WEEDS, NICE MUSKIE PRODUCER... SAME GRID J4-ALMOST-5... ANOTHER BACK BAY BESIDE THE COW PASTURE IS THE SWAP HAS BEEN A GOOD BASS PRODUCER... ALL SIZES...SAME LURES, SPINNERS AND WHIZZ AS ABOVE... GOTTA RUN...WILL TELL MORE LATER...SHEP
Woodsman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Woodsman »

The narrows at D 6 - Muskie along the west shore- trooling large body baits & mepps muskie killers
- walleye in the deeper channel with jigs & minnows

Weedline C 7 - Visible weedline off the western shore - trooling along edge for muskie and walleye
marlinhunter
Participant
Participant

Post by marlinhunter »

The box G6 will provide anyone with great Pickrell fishing on the Upper Buckhorn. Find the Marina and look straight across the lake. There is a large wood cabin right in front of the weed bed owned by a friend.Best way to find this spot. Large weed bed with good water depth. In the spring just after spawning the place becomes electric. Jigs and spinners work fantastic here. I used a blue fox number 2 the last time out and had huge success. The fish are not the size as they seem to be in Ottawa River but the quantity makes up for it.
The Legend
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by The Legend »

can anyone tellme where to fish from shore as well on chemong or buckhorn for eyes?
Mattsou
Participant
Participant

Top water

Post by Mattsou »

We always do really well for largemouth in C7 in the two west side bays using top water but only late in the evening about 7:30pm right before dark. We usually use poppers or walking baits.
Gravelguy4
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gravelguy4 »

There is great Crappie fishing through the summer around some of the islands. Areas like I3 have proved to be productive.
connorgood3
Participant
Participant

Post by connorgood3 »

hey. i have a cottage up here in upper buckhorn and i uasly fish about 100 yrds out from buckhorn yaht and harbour on B-7 right along that weed line. uasly fish bite before the sun comes up because the waters nice and cool and the sun isnt bothering them. there are a couple holes in the water that you can find if you either troll around or just let your motor run on low and look over the side of the boat and anchor when you see a hole or find the weed line like i said! another place to fish would have to be between the flag pole at buckhorn yaht and harbour and the old seagul rock i believe south of the flag pole. drift or troll from the flag pole to the rock and back and you will real in a haug gurented!!!!! the rock will have bird poop on it and is by a house that is on a big huge hill! also if you want to find out your own spots, try fishing under docks (carfullll nottt to snag anyones prop....) by rocks and logs/tree stumps and lilly pads! bass go for pads because the bugs are on them and the bass like to feed off of them. if you are looking for fish like pick and musk look for ducks swimming around because the feet of ducks just irratate muck and pick! hope this advice helped alot and let me know if you tried it and it worked or not! thanks a bunch!!!
arhin369
Participant
Participant

Post by arhin369 »

where is the good spot for offshore fishing? Fish large mouth bass and small mouth bass. Thank you very much for helping.
arhin369
Participant
Participant

Post by arhin369 »

i meant shore fishing
Akfishing
Participant
Participant

Re: Buckhorn Lake

Post by Akfishing »

Anyone still have the pic of buckhorn with the grid??