Calabogie Lake

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Calabogie Lake

Post by Bobber »

Species:
There is your usual abundance of sunfish and rock bass in addition to the four indicated on the map. There's a slot limit on the walleye.

Getting There:
From Ottawa take the Queensway (417) to Hwy 17. A few kms past Arnprior you'll see Hwy 508. Head south on 508 to the town of Calabogie. There's a public launch just past Calabogie Lodge (the boat launch sign was missing last time I looked).

Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

What is the slot limit for walleye on Calabogie Lake?
jdog
Participant
Participant

Post by jdog »

ther is also a smal island out in the end of thr lake about1/2 km from camerons bay which has walley all round it and down twords the dam the is rock pile with walleys
NewfieFisher
Participant
Participant

Post by NewfieFisher »

Yesterday myself and 2 friends fished Grassy Bay and Jockos Beach from noon to 7 pm and boated around 30 fish. Along Jockos, 2 Rock Bass, a pike and a large perch in about 90 mins. Grassy Bay: mostly pike, a couple of largemouth and 2 Crappie. Spinnerbait for Pike, Carolina rigged worms for largemouth and Chartreuse Shad crankbaits (in the less weeded areas) worked the best. We also fished topwater frogs and mice in the slop (opposite end to the old railline) and had 3 or four strikes each in 90 minutes or so (mid afternoon) but we didn't boat any fish.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

slot limit for Walleye on Calabogie lake is something like 50cm...19.7 inches? I think..u'll have to check in the book for sure...

actually it's not a slot size, they just have to be over 19.7 inches......50cm
bowboy33
Participant
Participant

Post by bowboy33 »

I fish Centennial lake a lot, and the keep size is 19.7. Same water runs through both, so I imagine its the same.
Last edited by bowboy33 on Sun May 03, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA-Josh
Participant
Participant

Centennial Lake

Post by PA-Josh »

My name is Joshua Lininger-Harrisburg, Pa
When I was younger, I used to fish Calabogie and Centennial with my grandfather who lived in Canada.

Last year, my bodies and I treked up to Centennial and fished for the week. We stayed at the Eagles Rest. We had did well as far as numbers but we couldn't quite hit the big ones we were hoping for. We primarily targeted walleye and small mouth...slowly got onto pike but nothing bigget than 25 inch...

We fished primarily to the right out of the eagles rest and worked back channels a good bit.

I am open to any hints on quality spots...would like to get into bigger pike and possibly musky...and off course still hit some eyes and smallies.

My bodies and I are pretty active fisherman in PA...we are primary Large Mouth Bass..but we go after eyes, smallies, chain pickeral, etc..

Any advice would be appreciated.

We went up last year in the middle of June...we are going up for 9 days the last week of July.

Josh Lininger
PA-Josh
Participant
Participant

Calabogie Updates

Post by PA-Josh »

Sorry about my last message, many spelling errors..

In addition, to Centennial, we would like to hit Calabogie for 2 days...we want to target big Pike and Largemouth.

Can you recommend specific places to go in late july as well as popular rigs.

Also,
Where can I can a map of the lake..preferably underwater map laying out depth and structure?

Thanks Josh
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

took a ride past there today,heading to Wabun lake,and the signs are back up,the place is clean and well maintained with nice angled parking,with fresh and graded gravel lot,the ramp looked good,and 3 nice wooden docks awaiting installation,sitting on the bank. the It's not really a slot size,you can only take 2 walleye ,and they must be larger than 50cm or 19.7 inches. centennial and black donald are the same.
PA-Josh
Participant
Participant

Updates

Post by PA-Josh »

Heading up to Centennial Lake and Calabogie in a month...how has the fishing been up there..

thanks
Pa-josh
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Updates

Post by lapointeric »

PA-Josh wrote:Heading up to Centennial Lake and Calabogie in a month...how has the fishing been up there..

thanks
Pa-josh

Wish I could help, I'll be heading up for the first time myself in 2 weeks.
cmasseau
Participant
Participant

Re: Calabogie Lake

Post by cmasseau »

Map with Depths from Navionics Webapp
Calabogie_Cartoghraphie.png
Calabogie_Cartoghraphie.png (209.51 KiB) Viewed 17720 times
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

cmasseau wrote:Map with Depths from Navionics Webapp
Calabogie_Cartoghraphie.png
FYI, thread is 7 years old. :wink:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
cmasseau
Participant
Participant

Post by cmasseau »

I understand that, but posted an updated map, as I found it while doing research for this lake, others might as well.
andrewmik
Participant
Participant

Post by andrewmik »

Thank You!