Loughborough Lake

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Loughborough Lake

Post by Bobber »

Lake Description:
Loughborough Lake is the most southerly lake trout habitat in Ontario other than Lake Ontario and is located near the town of Battersea 19 km north of Hwy 401 (at Kingston) .

Species:
Lake Trout, Smallmouth bass, Largemouth Bass, and Pike.

Last edited by Bobber on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
bassmasta
Participant
Participant

Post by bassmasta »

Last edited by bassmasta on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Thanks Bassmasta, I've updated the description and will have to get the source graphic to update the legend on the map. Any hints as to what areas of the body of water hold good Pike conditions?
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Clausewitz
Participant
Participant

Wikipedia entry

Post by Clausewitz »

I've visited Loughborough lake, and just noticed there also is a Wikipedia entry for it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughborough_Lake
Bobber, if you own that picture, why not put it and others like it onto Wikipedia?
Fishnsledder
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishnsledder »

I've heard that the MNR plans to open the lake for a 2 week lake trout season next winter?.... anyone else heard this?... I that would be just awesome!
Sales192
Participant
Participant

Lake Trout

Post by Sales192 »

Does anyone know where on Loughborough is the best opportunity for lake trout? I have caught many bass, but have yet to find trout.
bruinz19
Participant
Participant

Re: Lake Trout

Post by bruinz19 »

Sales192 wrote:Does anyone know where on Loughborough is the best opportunity for lake trout? I have caught many bass, but have yet to find trout.
The west end of the Lake for sure, pretty much anywhere past the narrows (bridge). The East end of the lake is very shallow, the west end is deep and cold.
Say hi to Doug Gilmour, Kirk Muller or Dan Akroyd they live there and are out boating/jet skiing regularily all summer, we run into them all the time down there.
Bigcat
Participant
Participant

Re: Lake Trout

Post by Bigcat »

Sales192 wrote:Does anyone know where on Loughborough is the best opportunity for lake trout? I have caught many bass, but have yet to find trout.
Best luck is the North West end of the Deep (West) end of the lake. Not far out of the narrows in front of where the river runs in. I caught a 15 pounder there a few weeks ago
raven1978
Participant
Participant

Fish Species?

Post by raven1978 »

Hi guys i was out on Loughborough West today and caught a few of the fish and I, being somewhat of a noob, don't know what it is and was wondering if someone here could tell me

i have a pic posted here

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg15 ... C00075.jpg

thanx for your help
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

small mouth bass
nworbeed1
Participant
Participant

To anyone w/info on Laughborough

Post by nworbeed1 »

On my way to Loughborough in 3 weeks (last weekend of August 2009). Mostly fish the East end of the lake for large/smallmouth. Anyone have any information on what they are hitting and any particular locations w/in the East end where there were good spots?
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

I have not been out in a few weeks on Loughborough, but earlier this season there were bass EVERYWHERE. No size, but great numbers. Most fish came on jigs with 3" black grubs in about ten to twenty FOW. Neither crankbaits nor plastic worms were of much joy for us, and tubes were very much hit and miss.

We also picked up crappies just about everywhere, they were extremely scattered and not concentrated as usual.

Good luck!

Doug