Madawaska Lake

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Madawaska Lake

Post by Bobber »

Species:
Everything - this lake has it all - muskie, pike, walleye, largemouth and smallmouth.

Getting There:
From Ottawa take Hwy 17 west. You'll eventually cross the Mississippi River and the Madawaska River. When crossing the Madawaska, you'll see the Arnprior Generating Station on your left (a big dam). Take your next left and drive along the side of the lake until you see the launch. Its not the greatest of launches but its good for smaller boats. Thanks goes to Jack for sending in a picture of this ramp - what a great idea.

There is a good boat launch on the White Lake road. It is on the right if you are heading toward the village of White lake, well marked by signage.Lots of parking room.

Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

FYI,the launch on white lake road is called Clay Bank. It is maintained by local clubs,boy scouts,.............it was in danger of closing due to people dumping garbage in it. :roll: ,but it is in good shape,I launched there this week to go for a boat ride up to the power dam on the NW end of the lake. ...........the old launch behind Boeing is in sad shape,I recommend a 4x4 as there is a huge drop off behind your rear axle when you get into the water.
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Launch Update

Post by Raminator »

Update,the launch behind boeing has been graded and the concrete slabs that were hanging people up have been removed. the township had it ready for the Musky opener. 4x4 truck still recommended steep grade and shallow. unless you have a small tinny. :D
Shep0049
Participant
Participant

How's the fishing?

Post by Shep0049 »

Possibly going up to Lake Madawaska on the weekend and was wondering how the fishing is! I have never fished it before. Is this a stocked lake or do the size of Bass very? Are there Lunkers to be had there?

Is it worth a 1 day trip from east Ottawa?

Thank you for any feedback,

Scott
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: How's the fishing?

Post by GR8-Scott »

Shep0049 wrote:Is it worth a 1 day trip from east Ottawa?

Scott
Hey Scott, in my opinion, YES !

I'm hoping to go tomorrow afterwork.....
Cheers and good luck !
Scott
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
Shep0049
Participant
Participant

Thanks for the reply!

Post by Shep0049 »

Thank you very much for the reply. Can't wait!

Are there any other Lakes in the area that you would also recommend for big Bass fishing?

Scott
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

HEY SCOTT:

Post by fishin mission »

Hey Scott :
Looking forward to hearing how you made out ....send me a pm

Happy Fishing!!
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

The Madawaska is awesome.
Last edited by Dcaster on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shep0049
Participant
Participant

Fishing a different lake this weekend.

Post by Shep0049 »

Thanks to all of you for your replies! We have chosen to fish Dog Lake instead because we have a FULL day pass from our wives and can make the extra hour trip! Looks like a larger Lake with a little more depth in areas and is also attached to Cranberry Lake. We are definitely going to fish the Madawaska another weekend though for sure!

Thanks again and will let you know how the day goes on Dog Lake!

Scott