White Lake - South

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

White Lake - South

Post by Bobber »

Lake Description:
This is a map of the south Half of White Lake, Ontario. Combine it with the north Half and you have a huge lake with a shoreline of over 60 miles. Largemouth bass is king in these waters and there's a healthy population of 3 and 4 lb pike that lie waiting for a spinnerbait. Walleye shouldn't be counted on as a fishery in this lake, but an angler can be surprised by one occasionally. A map is a good idea on this lake - it has a lot of long coves, bays and islands.

Species:
You'll catch piles of panfish and there are the scattered bullhead around. Don't count on catching walleye - they are there but not in numbers.

Getting There:
If you want to launch your boat in the south half of White Lake you can launch your boat at Cedar Cove Marina. There's another marina in Pickerel Bay.

If your coming from Ottawa take the Queensway and Highway 17 west to Antrim. Turn south on to RR20 - drive a ways and you'll cross the stone bridge. Turn left, go two blocks and turn right at the Frances Fuel. Follow signs to Cedar Cove. Small launch fee applies. See North Half of White Lake

Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

White lake is a beautiful lake! i know some great spots but i just wanted to say how disappointed i was on this past saturday fishing, the pro bass tournament was on and the lake was invaded by countless 100 hp+ boats doing mach chicken across the water......

these tournaments are getting out of hand. it shouldnt be indy on the water its bad for the lake and bad for the locals........

most of my experience with so called "pro" bass fishermen has been very negative and honestly guys you might wanna learn to mind your p's and q's before the comunity kicks you off the lake.....

if i see any more stupid obnoxious behaviour of pro bassers on white lake or any other lake i fish you can bet i'm going to start some petitions maybe get some horsepower restrictions on these bodies of water......

i saw a skier go down after being severly cut off by a pro basser..... i saw another pro basser zig zag through a pile of amatuer boats at a very dangerous speed..... the icing on the cake was wathcing once scream by a couple kayaking and flip them both.

fellas i respect your right to fish but try to have some respect for everyone else.