FH closing March 1st ???

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: FH closing March 1st ???

Post by StarTzar »

TheMaverick wrote:What's funny to me, is I'm seeing members logon, reply to a few threads and simply not give a rats arse.... :? :?
The title is pretty obvious no?
Maybe Fish-Hawk just isn't worth it anymore.... :shock:
Some people are quick to judge a book by it's proverbial cover.

Seeing that the thread was started by you "The Mav" most people here might not believe what you are saying.
They might be thinking that you are just stirring the Pot.
Maybe we should bring in a member "in good standing" to give them the bad news.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

Why not just begin the topic with this title? It seems you've known all along hinting at it throughout the whole thread, you boys sure do love drama.

:D
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

BradGuenette wrote:Why not just begin the topic with this title? It seems you've known all along hinting at it throughout the whole thread, you boys sure do love drama.

Edited out
Last edited by TheMaverick on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

BradGuenette wrote:Why not just begin the topic with this title? It seems you've known all along hinting at it throughout the whole thread, you boys sure do love drama.

I found out through a post from Biggs in the classified section.
I sure wish that Craig or Bobber would chime in.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

There's always fishincanada.net! :lol:

But I don't think your allowed on that site unless you only use St.Croix rods. :lol: :lol:
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

biggs wrote:There's always fishincanada.net! :lol:
... and it's got a french section 8)
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

StarTzar wrote:
biggs wrote:There's always fishincanada.net! :lol:
... and it's got a french section 8)

It sure does!
Sourdough
Participant
Participant

Post by Sourdough »

Fellas, say it ain't so. From Rex's warm welcome to Smitty's cheerful advice to the awesome pics from out west, I can say I truly enjoy this forum. I live vicariously through the posts here since I don't have the free time to get out too much. I hope it's still around after the first, otherwise my bus ride is going to suck (more than usual).

Cheers,
Sourdough
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

So what your really saying is the site is closing. I would have posted earlier but I thought this was about your morning routine. Should have got right to the point or started a new topic.
Real question is..If and when it does happen where is everyone going??? Forum/Facebook??
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Your Attention Please!!!

Post by smitty55 »

Hmmmm. I'm getting some strange vibes from this post, so I figured I'd chime in. First thing to do was take team28 off ignore, at least for now lol, cause it's a pain to read the posts otherwise.

I'm not a social media guy, in fact I just finally joined FB last year and almost gave my daughter a heart attack. :lol: I don't own a cell phone, if I need one for hunting I borrow wifey's. So when I first joined Fish-Hawk it was the first forum I had ever participated in. In theory I loved the idea of talking fishing and hunting. I had no idea what a troll was or what flaming meant. I had no idea how to post pics or what BBCode was. It didn't take that long to find out that some folks get awful brave behind a keyboard. Early on I made the big faux pas (apparently) of posting the name of a trout lake for someone looking for a place to camp. Well the next thing you know I was getting piled on big time by Daner and some others and a hotdog stand was going up on the road to Darling Long lol. I was actually flabbergasted that someone who I didn't know would be getting on my case for trying to help some guy out. Maybe they were trying to be funny (it wasn't), but I took it personally and gave it back. And so the drama began... But it didn't deter me from spending probably too much time on here, according to wifey anyways. Then the big crash happened and I felt lost. :( So I joined the OOD forums to fill the gap and while it had a much better hunting forums it still didn't have that local flavour that we get here. I was SO happy when Fish hawk came back on line, but Ingrid wasn't so keen lol. I still spend too much time here at times but that's OK. For the most part I quite enjoy it and look forward everyday to checking out the site. I keep hearing this March 1 date now. I sure hope that doesn't happen.
Oneeleven wrote:And the bit-o-drama (I joined right when the Smitty - Team 28 thread was created.... :lol: ) is entertaining as long as it doesn't all go off the rails.. :wink:

Yes Tia, there has been some "drama." I feel that I took more than my fair share of unnecessary, undeserved crap from Team 28, so while I didn't go looking to jump on them, when that opportunity presented itself and I saw my chance to get back at them, and I went for it. I think it was a whiskey night hehe. :twisted: In truth I could have piled on a lot more, but I figured I got my point across. Now I will admit that they took it pretty well, not that I think they had much choice, as they did only catch ONE FISH all weekend. ;) Still, it looked like they had to enlist a lot of help from some of their bass buddies. Oh well, I don't get too worked up over it, as it's not in my nature to sweat the small stuff.

I've bought a few things from folks here too. An Aqua-Vu camera. An Arctic Armor snow suit. And yes Mav, I did buy the Curado and the 5600 from pops, but if I'd known at the time he would have waited longer lol. jk. I've still got both but the Curado is kinda worn. And I've visited Brad at least twice with the main purchase being a nice Powell rod. I'm not a tackle hoe but I always strive for quality equipment. At one time in 1980 it was a major purchase for me to buy a $75 Fenwick rod to go with my Penn Levelmatic. Last year I hope I made Baitcasters happy with a decent order for me. I never thought I would own a $200+ reel but I do now. Or spend close to a grand on 5 reels but I did. Go figure.

Biggs I may as well jump on the bandwagon and blame you as well. So yes Brad, it's all your fault lol, but we all know the devil made me do it. :lol:

So here's my first ever pic from the hoe side of things. probably my last one. A long way from puffballs and wild leeks.

I have no idea why the site is closing. If there's anything that can be done to save it I'd like to hear about it.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Choke wrote: Real question is..If and when it does happen where is everyone going??? Forum/Facebook??
Kinda hoping it doesn't, but it's my understanding that it might not be as easy as it seems to keep Fish-Hawk up and running.

Yes, i should of made it clear from the get go, was looking to ease into it.
Last edited by TheMaverick on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

That Daiwa Whisker is an awesome reel.
I want one!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Holy chit. When I started my last post there were 17 posts. Two title changes later and 4o posts by the time I finished, mind you there was a hockey game in between. Could someone please enlighten me why this is happening? Mav you mentioned something about negotiations. Is this about money? Or maybe Bobbers health?

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Thought there was a month or two before we hit April.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

biggs wrote:That Daiwa Whisker is an awesome reel.
I want one!
Tks Brad. Have you ever tried one? I've only heard good things about them. The SS Tournament series has had a real good rep for a long time and haven't changed much. Looking forward to spooling it up. Funny though, it only has three bearings, while the Okuma has 16. Go figure. Plus, both the SS1300 and the V-40A are saltwater rated, in case I ever go on a vacation. Tia would have liked to have those on her recent trip.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter