another day of good brookie fishin

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

another day of good brookie fishin

Post by pikeie »

well got out to another stretch of the same river i have been fishin latly. dont want to pressure that spot too much. so as im walking the river banks with a comparadun size 12 on my line, i stop next to a nice deep slow pool but has a nice current coming into it at the fare right side. i was standing on the shore looking into the deep water and could see 5-6 brookies sitting on the bottom of the pool, so as im filiping rocks to get an idea of what they might want i watch a little tan coloured damsel fly, fly close to the water and as its hovering over the surface a brookie decides to jump clear out of the water and get the fly lol i love seeing this happen. so insted of taking the comparadun off a cast it out and let it drift while twitching it on the surface, a brookie takes a swipe at it but misses i twitch it agian and the brookie comes up agian, this time i got him on! this fish sure liked to jump lol he jumped probably 7-8 times coming completly out of the water. no pic of him as i didnt want him out of the water too long. he was around 12" long. he takes off strong back to the depths.

i take a cast back out and get another fish this fish wasnt as big but still nice, it was around 8 inches long. then the action died down for a whil so i moved on but didnt get anything else. so after an hour i moved back to the pool i was at before and agian with another comparadun i got a fish on agian another beauty fish! fish measerd 12".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... 1185498598

a few casts later i get a huge boil behind my fly and i twitch it and the fish expodes out of the water. after a great fight with some nice runs i got him to shore. ths fish which i forgot to measure was around 13-14 inches a definate beauty!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... 1185498748

i caught a few other small fish before i had to go but it was another good day goin 6/8 not a bad day i thought!! i love finding the small creaks and not knowing that it holds these nice colurful fish, but when u hook one its all worth it :D .
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Great report Pikeie! Sounds like you've found yourself a really nice trout creek! :D