Register

Top Posters this month

Main Menu

Statistics

Total posts 337921
Total topics 39764
Total members 7296
Our newest member ginaschwaer

Serious Question: Paranormal experiences at Shiner Lake.

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
  • Supported By...

Serious Question: Paranormal experiences at Shiner Lake.

Postby Fishing&Mineshafts » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:57 am

Hi, I am a new member and long time lurker. I know I am going to get made fun of for asking this because it sounds ridiculous. I have had several odd experiences up there. One by myself, and 2 with my girlfriend. The first one started at Sundown after an afternoon of fishing alone. I am used to bushwhacking and not afraid of nature but man I got this extremely bad feeling as the sun was about to hit below the trees...

All of the sudden large 5 lb chunks of rocks were being dropped as if from someone on the shore yet no one was there. I am not talking about fish jumping either. I mean I could see stones being heaved from nowhere into the lake.

There was no one there, I could see through the pines. It was fall. Then the weirder part...moaning, mumbling, talking was coming from the edge of the lake....at most 45 ft away.

I brought my girlfriend up there years later thinking it was a one time deal. At dusk I felt fine and we were packing the car and I started having a panic attack, and shoved her stuff into the vehicle and kind of yelled at her that we had to leave....We peeled out and I told her I felt something was off over the last minutes packing...She said she felt as if something had been watching us..we went home, feeling lucky to be out.

The last time we ever went and likely will ever go up there was in fall last year. She was battling the biggest fish I had seen her with. She is new to fishing and she didnt realize that I started noticing rocks being thrown...mumbling,..low talking....at the edge of the lake ahead of us...rock after rock hit the lake...She lost the fish...Rocks were hitting the lake more and more..No one was there!!!! Now she noticed it and was freaking out!

When we got to the car, we got in fast and left FAST...then began to talk about what it could be...I asked her if what happened to me happened with her and if we both saw it. (not in those exact words/. We dont know what it was...she thinks it was something like a poltergeist....I know it wasnt an animal...Or human...Spirit maybe?

We still have not went back and probably will not go back unless more than 2 people are with us. ....

I am going to get a lot of laughs I know but this is not a joke I am seriously wondering if anyone noticed anything similar....

-John-
Fishing&Mineshafts
Participant
Participant

Re: Serious Question: Paranormal experiences at Shiner Lake.

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 am

Just been there once (fall, last year), and the only thing I noticed were the 4 groups on shore, each one with a campfire loaded with burning garbage; the reek around the lake was awful. Never going there again.
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Postby Bass Addict » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 am

Seek help immediately.....medication ??
.....Psychologist??
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Postby Fishing&Mineshafts » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:11 am

I respect your right to your opinion, but I am definitely not in need of help. If I needed medication for a psychological disorder I would just raid your medicine cabinet!....Maybe I did not write it in the best way. There were no voices talking to me, I wrote I could not understand it but it was like babbling or mumbling..rocks being lobbed into the lake by what seemed to be no one...and intense fear and desperation to get the hell out of the area. My girlfriend experienced it too, and she is sane...

The area around Shiner lake has had a lot of death, from the dam projects, log driving, logging, car accidents, first nations deaths etc. If you believe in that sort of spiritual or supernatural stuff then you would not be so critical.

I just wanted to know if anyone felt anything weird or had anything happen in that lake or a 1 or 2 km radius around it...Nothing more.

I am sure you have had at least one unexplainable thing happen to you in the bush or somewhere else that really made you wonder about a place or what was there.

Bass Addict wrote:Seek help immediately.....medication ??
.....Psychologist??
Fishing&Mineshafts
Participant
Participant

Postby Bass Addict » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:15 pm

One thing I do find strange is.............You NEVER thought of taking pics ????

Maybe is was a pack of extremely rare albino Eastern Ontario Cougars throwing the rocks ;)
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Postby smitty55 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Bass Addict is just having fun with you John. Don't take him seriously, he's the same way with cougar sightings lol.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby cprince » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Woolly Bugger or a Elk Hair Caddis? 5 to 6 WT rod?

I find that most non-corporeals like to fish upstream from the eddies to not further spook the fish.

People that believe in religion, ghosts and horoscopes are the reason we don't have flying cars and a cure for cancer.
cprince
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Fkawee » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 am

probably a bunch of pot growers trying to scare you away heaven forbid
Fkawee
Participant
Participant

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:53 am

Will the real Calabogie Boogie Man, please stand up.......PLEASE STAND UP!!! :shock: :shock: :P
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"

http://khush.smule.com/autorap_5286651504898&v2
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Postby banjo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Oh my....:-)
If there was ever a post that should be in the NON-fishing forum... This is it.
Never been to that lake, but I have never experienced anything like that anywhere I have been in the world, ever.
Good luck.:-)
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Postby BrookieJunkie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Interesting and creepy story to say the least. I have been there in recent years but thankfully no paranormal experiences for me.

If you don't mind, I have some questions for you.

What month in the fall was this happening? Were the rocks being thrown from the same spot on the lake on both occasions? Was it happening on the north end of the lake? Was it a windy day? Are you shore fishing? Is the fishing that good for you to continuously return to this ominous lake? :D
BrookieJunkie
Participant
Participant

Postby TheMaverick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm

I rarely browse FH anymore, thanks for reminding me why :lol:
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby mjones » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 pm

I spent the day up there a few weeks ago - got there around 6:30 am and stayed until around 3:30pm. I saw a deer, didn't catch any fish, but didn't experience anything out of the ordinary.

Were the rocks coming from anywhere particular? I fished the end by the road, and walked around the right hand side to near the top end. Could it have been people messing around?
mjones
Participant
Participant

Postby AcDcRocker1209 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 am

Just judging by the location of this to where we fish on our annual trip, I could believe this. Almost every year we come up for our week of fishing, rocks are thrown in the water near us. Except we see the people every time....from the same cabin. They have a cabin on the lake so you can't fish near them I guess or because our boats have PA on the front idk. Wouldn't blame them for that either, many Americans just ride around like jerks on the lake. Maybe my rock throwers saw you from the road and decided to loosen up for our trip up lol.
AcDcRocker1209
Participant
Participant

Return to Float & Fly Fishing