WHY DO YOU LOVE FLYFISHING,,,,,,,?

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

WHY DO YOU LOVE FLYFISHING,,,,,,,?

Post by joco »

HI ALL

WHY DO YOU LOVE FLYFISHING,,,,,,,,,,

IS IT THE ART OF IT''''''''''''''''

THE CHALLENGE''''''

ALL THE MAKING OFF THE FLY""""""

THE LOOK OR PRESTIGE'''''''''' yes some think so,,,,

WHY FLY FISHING'''''''''''''''''''

i have friend that DONT even think about touching a regular casting rod,,,,,,,,, :o

joco :P
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Joco,

Don't love it myself, but simply just enjoy everything fishing. And fly fishing in my opinion is a useful skill to angle some fish that otherwise might not be caught.

ie; I bought a rod for the whitefish up here, the pike and walleye bite slows in the hottest days of summer, but the whites I see them feeding in vast foam filled eddies in the heat of summer on surface flies. These fish are rarely caught by other means, but are fantastic scrappy little fighters on a fly rod, and good table fare. Klinkenhammer with a foam post in sizes 10-12-14 are the best dry I've found so far for these fish.

And, flyfishing, catching a fish on a fly you've made, placing the perfect cast for a surface feeding fish... it's all encompasing and totally worthwhile.

One last thing, entomology in it's relation to fishing is interesting, and makes you think when you're on the water and getting skunked, what other things below the surface might be going on. Another example for me, walleyes often seemingly shut down in July & August... no no no, look around, bug hatches, easy prey. All the fish take advantage, even the biggest muskies and pike sip on the smallest flies some days.
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeie »

i love the feeling of catching a fish on one of your own hand tied flies. i is just amazing to try to fool a fish into hitting somthing made of hair and feathers :D