My River 29Apr05

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

My River 29Apr05

Post by TroutSlayer »

I was working in Caledon today, so I checked the river out. The river looks ready! A little higher than normal, but good color! Here are 7 shots from the area:

Cheers,
TS
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

I would love to fish there it looks AMAZING!!!
Northamfishing Tackle
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Dave H that's the river you want to fish! Trout slayer I was checking it myself today looks good through Terra Cotta and Glen Williams. Lived a few miles north of that spot as a kid there are some nice sand bottom creeks up there that used to hold some decent specks and Browns, haven't checked them out for a few years, might have to.
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

fishforfun wrote:Dave H that's the river you want to fish! Trout slayer I was checking it myself today looks good through Terra Cotta and Glen Williams. Lived a few miles north of that spot as a kid there are some nice sand bottom creeks up there that used to hold some decent specks and Browns, haven't checked them out for a few years, might have to.
It may be worth it! There are less people fishing now that the new regs are in place down to old Base Line Rd. Those of us still fishing it are releasing all fish caught. It adds up to more fish and more fun!
Cheers,
TS
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Wow!!! That looks awesome...

I can't wait to get up there...with a 6-week old baby, it's still a little hard to travel *LOL* But hopefully I'll get up there soon!

I was out in the backyard again yesterday practising with my new rod...yippeee!!!!
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

DaveH, Congrats on new baby! What did he or she weigh?
Cheers,
TS
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

He weighed in like a small muskie... LOL

He was 7lbs 2oz!! His name is Jonathan, he and Mom are doing really well...It's so much fun bein a Dad!! Can't wait to get him out fishing *LOL*
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

Good to hear both are doing well! 7 pounds two! Good size for a Brook Trout as well :!: :D
Cheers,
TS
ROOKIE
Participant
Participant

Post by ROOKIE »

Troutslayer, my gf is moving right around the shaw's creek area and i heard you mentioning something about regulations in that area? I haven't looked much into it but I have heard good things about the fish in the area? What do you think?
Brent
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

It's a good area pal! Are you moving with her :shock:
Cheers,
TS
ROOKIE
Participant
Participant

Post by ROOKIE »

nope, i'm not moving in there but plan to spend alot of time fishin in that river, i bet she'll love that. :lol:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Those are some beautiful shots -- I can almost hear the water rushing.

Will look forward to your next set of pic's, Troutslayer...ya know, the ones with the pretty trout in them! :D

Hey, just a thought. Does anyone who knows trout fishing have the kind of software where you could draw (or insert) arrows into Troutslayer's stream pics which would indicate the areas you feel best to work over? I'm trying to compile as much advice before I head out this wknd to give it a whirl in our local stream.

If someone can do this, thanks. If not, I'll "wing it", as I said before! :lol:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.