Lower Twin Lake

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lower Twin Lake

Post by bobfly »

Had a good time on Lower Twin east of Renfrew. Landed 5 bows and several strikes on BWO and Bob Sheedy's Olive Maribou Muddler. Small, but who cares. Its great to get some dry fly action this early in the season! I would hesitate to go there on the weekend as I am told it gets pretty busy. A fisher there told me they had stocked it last week. In the past they have stocked it with sub-adults.

bobfly :lol:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Great to see the dry gettin the action for ya Bobfly!!!!!!!!!!!

Small, who cares is right!!!!!!!!!Any action on a dry is awsome!!!!!

Thx for the report :D

F.F
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Good job!! Seems like catching any size of trout around ottawa is an accomplishment and on the dry fly is even better! Is there a 2x2 road to lower and upper twin lake?
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

lower twin

Post by bobfly »

Actually Lower Twin is west of Renfrew. I've been disorientated since I moved here from the west and cannot see any mountains. Lower Twin is right off the highway with a good camping spot. Upper Twin has to be hiked to. Upper Twin is stocked with brookies.
bobfly :)
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Thanks for the help bobfly!!!!
I have that urge to catch a trout but every lake or stream ive scouted out has skunked me. Great to hear a report of good catches
-yung
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Lower is loaded with tiny rainbows! The lake gets a lot of pressure..Lots!

Upper gets hit hard in the winter, and I have'nt seen to much come out of there.

The last time I was at Lower, the bows were just jumping around chasing the bugs. Give'r a go!