Finally!!

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Finally!!

Post by DaveH »

Well i bought myself a few new flies from the Green Drake, and ended up going back and getting myself a pair of proper wading boots as well...So I decided to try em out and went down to Billings, just around the bridge on Bank st.

Anyway, not really knowing the water or what to do, I was mostly just slowly wading around and looking for any water that wasn't 2 feet deep or less *LOL*

BUT, on my third cast to one of the points on the bridge I managed to hook into a fish!! Weeeee!! My first real fish on a fly rod! What fun!!!!! :P

Unfortunately it was an OOS fish, but I returned it very quickly and no harm no foul...

Had another fish hit, but I was distracted by something and didn't get a chance to set the hook!! Ooops.
:oops:

Can't wait to try out a few new areas, and I'll remember to keep all my electronics back in the car, so I can wade out a little deeper if necessary *LOL*

Cheers!!!

Todd, you'll have to remind me what it was that I caught it on...it was one of the flies that the guy reccomended to me, I think he said he tied them himself too (can't be sure though) It was on the colour you recommended though, not the chartreuse one...
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Dave,

I think you're referring to the olive zonker minnow that Cameron had tied up?

As for avoiding the 2' water, don't overlook it. Last week I saw nice 30" muskie in 2' of water.

Todd