Upstate NY - Cold Brook

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Squib
Participant
Participant

Upstate NY - Cold Brook

Post by Squib »

Got up at 3:30 this morning and headed down to the edge of Adirondack park to a brook that Ganman pointed out to me on our last trip.

Got there about 5 AM it was cool, overcast and a bit misty. Tried a couple of different flys - BWO, grey caddis etc, lots of rises but no takers. Tied on a wulf pattern and BANG, nice little brown.

All in all, 8 browns the biggest being 13 inches or so, and about 12 chubbs for good measure. Great day to be sure. Ganman, there are still fish in there for sure!! :lol:
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

nice catch, still lookin for that damn brown trout, cant wait for our fishn trip down there. Sounds like alot of fun.
YFF
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Hey way to go J.....lucky you I had to go into work for awhile :twisted: :twisted:

Wow you get up way to early for me :lol: If you're that early of a riser I have a terrific summer place for you try. Can't post it here though.
Squib
Participant
Participant

Post by Squib »

That sucks man!

Hmmm.. a summer place - I am intrigued. I am planning on hitting little river on Friday to see if I can get some brookies - any other areas I should be checking out this time of year.

Hopefully we can hook up next week for a fish - the trout miss you.
:lol: