Summer (Evening) Fishing Schedule

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Summer (Evening) Fishing Schedule

Post by Todd B. »

Well after a successful season last year, the Summer (Evening) Fishing is up an running again this season.

The format will be the same as last season, although we're starting earlier this season and will be targeting "legal" species until bass opens up at the end of June.

For those people that did not participate last season, the evening fishing is an oportunity for anyone, regardless of skill to get out for some fly fishing with other anglers. For the experienced anglers it's is as much an evening of fishing as it is a social outing. For those new to the sport, it's a way to pick up tips, tricks and casting skills. Lastly it's a way to find out about the numerous fishing opportunities that are available within the city.

A general schedule is provided below, though a detailed announcement will be made for each week's location. Unless otherwise stated, the fishing locations will involved wading and as such proper wading gear is recommended. If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout.

NOTE: bad weather/high water may result in a location/date change. Check the forum prior to heading out just to be sure that there hasn't been any changes.

Cheers,
Todd

2008 Schedule
May
27 - Dow's Lake

June
03 - cancelled due to OFS meeting
11 - Billings Bridge (details)
17 - cancelled due to OFS Kenauk trip
24 - The Mill (Rideau R. @ Manotick) (changed)

July
01 - Champlain Bridge - QC side (Ottawa R.) HIGH WATER
09 - Strathcona Park (Rideau R.) (Rescheduled due to T-Storms)
15 - Long Island (Rideau R.)
22 - Bate Island (Ottawa R.)
29 - Strathcona Park (Rideau R.) - Part 2

August
05 - Hogs Back (Rideau R.)
12 - Britannia Filtration Plant (Ottawa R.)
19 - Carleton U. (Rideau R.)
26 -Strathcona Park (Rideau R.)
Last edited by Todd B. on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 20 times in total.
wongrs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by wongrs »

wicked. thanks again for organizing Todd.
YoYo
Participant
Participant

Post by YoYo »

Thanks Todd B. About what time should we be there? YoYo
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

People tend to arrive around 6-615pm though some show up earlier, others later. The specifics for each week's outing will be posted in a separate thread.
Evan
Participant
Participant

Post by Evan »

where does a fella park for at billings bridge?
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

This thread is simply an overall schedule for the season. I will be posting details (parking, etc) for each date/location in a separate thread.

Cheers,
Todd
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Well I think it's safe to say that the 2nd season of Summer Evening Fishing has come to a close. I'd like to thank everyone that managed to get out for the outings, even though the weather played havoc on a number of occasions.

Overall I'd have to say that we've managed to double the number of fly fishing members within the FH ranks, and hopefully some of the local clubs as well. I'm sure that there will continue to be numerous informal outtings on the water until the hard water returns.

Cheers,
Todd
Rybren
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rybren »

Todd,

Thanks for organizing the outings (and sharing your flies). I learned some new tricks from you guys, found a bunch of good fishing spots, and met some great people. Can't ask for more.

Thanks again,

Jerry