Swannundaze ?

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Swannundaze ?

Post by Walker »

Could anyone please tell me what this is and where I can buy this. A stone-fly pattern in Canadian Fly Fisher mag calls for it.
guscales
Participant
Participant

Post by guscales »

yup....you can get it where they sell fly tieing materials....it is kind of like a rubber band material.....it makes great ribbed bodies ....o yeah...that would be good for a stone fly..

Gus
Mitch24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mitch24 »

I saw that pattern too. You don't have to stick to the exact recipe, in fact larva lace is very close to Swannundaze. The only difference is larva lace is round. Just buy some larva lace in a small size and the pattern will work perfectly. They sell larva lace at Float, paddle and fly.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

It's the plastic lace material the craft stores sell for making woven key chains, bracelets, etc. Some fly shops actually sell it, though if you need a substitute, go with either the larva lace or v-rib material.
Evan
Participant
Participant

Post by Evan »

sometimes you can find this at canadian tire and wal-mart in the fishing section,near the little bit of tying material they have.