A Good Start to 2009

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Your Carp and Their Carp..

Post by gorfman007 »

MrGrey1 wrote:I've just returned from Europe a few moths ago, where I participated in Orvis Cup Fly Fishing Festival. I love to go there as I can learn and see the differences in Trout & Carp fishing.
The Europeans farm carp and some of the fish gets over 20 kilos! They have the carp sets with all the fancy elctronic buzzers and beepers.
They also pre-feed the waters before they throw the lines in. Its fun to browse the tackle shops and see all the huge 20lb bags with Boilees and other mixes. Its also interesting to know how they deliver it. As we know, chumming here in North America is highly ellegal in most places.
Over there, you use "Sling Shots!" (many brands sold in tackle shops). They also sell many chumming leds, that you pack with food below you hook. They look like cages on the end of the drinking straw..
Have you ever see a "Tripple Scisors?". Well, that cuts up worms, maggots and liver pretty quick. A good quality product, used by many Carpers.

But they have other nice policies: Most of their fresh water leds are now coated with heavy non-leaded glossy paints. It is to prevent immediate poisioning. That way most of it gets covered by the currents, sands or mud before it can release the toxins. Long lasting paint.
I'll post a few pictures when I can and as I resize them later.
Hope you find this article inetresting in some way.

Until than, MrGrey1
Yes It's a pretty interesting show to watch when you get some fishermen who now what they are doing there. I can't wait to try on the fly here but i also brought back some tackle from England .

I have my mooching rod and fly rod ready for some action. :D
Life goes on
OntheFly
Participant
Participant

Post by OntheFly »

Looks like a beautiful day on the water. Great report and pics. Can't wait for the soft water season here.

Thanks for sharing.

OnTheFLy