Oh can't wait! My new ride...

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Oh can't wait! My new ride...

Post by DaveH »

Yay for me! I bought a pontoon boat!

Now... I just need some help figuring out where I can use it! *laughs*

I promised myself more fly-fishing this year, especially now that I have the pontoon, so if anyone is making any early ice-out trips and doesn't mind a rookie coming along, please IM me!

I picked up a new 5wt TFO outfit at the same time as my Klamath LP pontoon - so, I'm getting rigged!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Dave,

Welcome back to the darkside! ;-)

A number of us will be fishing up the valley for brookies and bows once the ice is out. The older (i.e. retired/semi-retired) guys like to fish Fridays, unfortunately some of us still have to work. :roll:

If you don't already have sinking line you might wish to pick some up. All of us fishing the lakes take 2 rods out on the water, 1 with floating line the other with an appropriate sinking line.

Cheers,
Todd
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Congrats are in order on the new boat! I also recently purchased and it was a hard decision... I really like the pontoon boat for all of the non-fishing ammenities and wanted to go there. The only reason I didn't is because I like to keep my boat out of the water and my house in bbq-haven has a small lot/small driveway and I didn't think I could fit the larger boat in without neighbourhood uproar...

Looking for some photos when you get out there... with or without fish.. (perferably with)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Hookup wrote:Congrats are in order on the new boat! I also recently purchased and it was a hard decision... I really like the pontoon boat for all of the non-fishing ammenities and wanted to go there. The only reason I didn't is because I like to keep my boat out of the water and my house in bbq-haven has a small lot/small driveway and I didn't think I could fit the larger boat in without neighbourhood uproar...

Looking for some photos when you get out there... with or without fish.. (perferably with)
Hookup, I don't think the pontoon Dave mentioned would have any problems storing anywhere, infact it only weighs 52lbs :lol: :wink:

Nice purchase Dave :D
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Congrats on the new 'toon Dave. Check your PMs for a potential weekend outing for toothy critters.

Doug
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

Sweet ride and a new 5-wt to boot! You're all set to hang with the cool kids on the Dark Side..... :D
Time's fun when you're having flies.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

HAHA my bad!!! Guess I'm a power-head at heart....

Still, nice ride in it's own right.... just not what i was thinking... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bondo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bondo »

Dave, lets hit the water on Sunday and try out the new boats.