NY License Increase

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

NY License Increase

Post by Todd B. »

It just came to my attention that NY State has raised their fishing license fees by 75% for the 2010 season. For those of you that purchase a yearly license, you're looking at shelling out $70 US for next season's license. :x
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

In that case fish at home and keep the funds in Canada lads!!!!!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Unfortunately the stream/river trout fishing in Ontario is pretty much non-existant.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

Go to Quebec then...at least you can get a good poutine there.
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

If $70 for a fishing license is too much for you, maybe you have bigger problems than the cost of a license..... :wink:

Seventy bucks for a season to fish NY state? Pfffttt..... I have to shell out about half that much per day to fish a few kilometers of stream here in Japan. Most streams don't offer seasonal licenses, either. :shock:

Frankly, you guys should get down on your knees and thank God you live in Ontario. The licensing structure is cheap and easy compared to what I deal with in Japan. What's more, the fishing's way better in North America.

Like RG wrote, you just cross over to Quebec and get poutine!!!!! mmmmmmm, poutine.......... 8)
Time's fun when you're having flies.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Fishboy wrote:Like RG wrote, you just cross over to Quebec and get poutine!!!!! mmmmmmm, poutine.......... 8)
Ah yes poutine!....and how many poutines will it take you to get back to your previous weight? :lol:
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

Todd B. wrote:
Fishboy wrote:Like RG wrote, you just cross over to Quebec and get poutine!!!!! mmmmmmm, poutine.......... 8)
Ah yes poutine!....and how many poutines will it take you to get back to your previous weight? :lol:
...about 2 bites. The stuff is delicious, but deadly!
Time's fun when you're having flies.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Fishboy wrote:
Todd B. wrote:
...about 2 bites. The stuff is delicious, but deadly!
I can read some members calling me a liar already, but I was raised in Sherbrooke, QC and at the age of 13 (I'm now 55), we had french-fry shacks already selling poutine. Quite popular, but not to be found anywhere else except the odd Eastern Townships villages. Spent 7 years in Montreal and nowhere to be found until it caught on, then it eventually caught on in Ottawa and elsewhere like New York City).

Each time I go back home to visit the parents and relatives, there is two place I like to stop. At Louis' and the corner where that french-fry shack use to be where I bought my daily poutines (of course the shack has long been gone from that corner street).

Memories, of real original poutines :roll: The secret to an even tastier poutine (this is known only from the Eastern Townships) is splash some white vinegar on the gravy with a little bit of salt. A real killer of taste.

Remember those old type of french-fries with the bad colestorol oil that use to make french-fries nice and soft and brown color. Miss those. Had a hard time to adapt to these new fries soak in non-transfat oil. Buurrkk.
Last edited by LeGrand on Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

mabn you guys talking about poutine..make me want to get one..i wish i could....

would be a poutine witout sauce or deap fried or chezze..not mutch off a poutine anymore. :roll: :lol:

make invent a quebecpoutine flies. :lol:

about the 70$..is not that mutch if you do go often...and if they do care about there fisheries and do put some trout in there streams etc.

i pay a good amaounth to go in ontario..even if i am a none resident..to get crappies and carp...and dont lrealy care because i use it often.

dont get mutch for 70$ these days.

joco
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

does anyone know where to get a license in malone area or on the way there?
Todd sorry for hijacking your post
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

The KMart on Hwy 11 (W. Main St) just west of Hwy 37 sells them. If you're going via Ogdensburg, you can pick it up at the Walmart.
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

thanks Todd