Fishing Withdrawl- Some pictures

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fishing Withdrawl- Some pictures

Post by Mike Lennox »

Hey all,

I am currently at the University of Guelph in my first year of Landscape Architecture, and I miss flyfishing more than I ever thought I would, it is a true addicton. I brought up my vice and some materials to keep me busy and to make sure my box doesnt end up as empty as it did this year. It was a great year of fishing for me, and I spent a great deal of time fishing a wide variety of waters for quite a few different species (Bass, pike, euro grayling, trout, carp, steelhead, chinooks,crappie, pike, ect..) I spent most of my time chasing trout and really came to respect and appreciate the value of wild trout. I had many, many outings but only have a few pictures to show for it. I love pictures but I hate wasting valuable fishing time, but here are a few pictures from my year of fishing. I'm heading on a five day steelheading roadtrip when I am finished my exams, gotta love flyfishing in the winter.

Hard to see but I am fighting a sandshark that took me well into my backing. I brought it close to shore and the hook popped out, I'd much rather than than leaving it with a new piece of jewlery. It took a 3/0 deciever. Abaco, Bahamas on our winter vacation.
The bonefish flat on the Island. I spent many hours fishing for these and caught one of about 7-8 lbs. I did not have the extra cash for a guide and I must say, catching a bone I spotted, on a fly I tied was perhaps the most awesome moment I've experienced flyfishing. Unfortunately noone was there to experience with me, and no picture was taken. Here is the flat he was taken from. The bones would spook at the very sight of a gotcha, as they definitely see a lot of hooks. Thanks to the fine folks at Greendrake outfitters for lending me an 8wt school rod, it definitely helped in the wind.

Nice sunset

I spent most of my fishing time fishing trout streams locally. I feel great regret for not having a camera many occasions, as there are a lot of beautiful sights to be seen on a secluded trout stream.

Fishing nymphs I caught this wild brookie and a small wild brown on the same cast.

Pretty brown

Fighting a 16 inch brown on the Ausable. We hit a nice caddis hatch and did well fishing sz 16 cdc and elks
Czech nymphing in the spring
We made our annual trip to Alberta to fish with my Uncle Paul who taught me how to flyfish 8 years ago. It was amazing as it always is but the dryfly fishing was not as consistent as it usually is.
Caught on a size 6 Cam's Dace

Pretty cutthroat/rainbow hybrid from Alberta

Cheers, and hopefully I will have a wider range of pics to show my adventures next year.

Mike
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Mike,

Nice pictures and awesome fish with good report.

Ask
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Wow Mike, awesome pictures! Nice trout dude :)
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

:shock: Outstanding pictures dude. Very respectable report mike. Keep up the work! There`s a spot in the hut anytime when you`re in town!

Oli