Things Ive learned (New fly fisherman)

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

Things Ive learned (New fly fisherman)

Post by Climber2k »

1 : Bushes + wind + newbie caster = 20 mins of hilarity as I either recatch trees or pull all the line out.
2 : Do not walk from one spot to another holding the fly. You will step on the leader and impale yourself.
3A : Bring a camera. When you finally pull in a decent fish (not one of 2, 4inch perch) you might want to capture the moment.
3B : Corollary : When you go to get close to said fish keep the line tight so it
doesn't spit the hook anyways.
4 : Watching really big fish go by,(out of season pike probably), is tremendously annoying.
5 : It is still better than being stuck in the house!! :P
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

good tread.

your number one happen to me this morning.even if i am not a newby caster..wind got to me a bit. and went a bit to far back.

i went for a little fly fishing in kayak for a bit.this morning .nothing just a follow smal brook trout follow to the yak and turn around. :? ...but later i deside to hit a small creek by foot..and fly fish a bit... :roll: :lol: ..lost 2 flies in trees. :lol: . ho well.

will need to practice a few deferent casting style now...should have done some roll etc..but i did not and pay for it.

good heads up in your tread. :wink:

joco and you got that right for your number 5......... 8)