The bite was on!

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

The bite was on!

Post by Climber2k »

So I finally got my fancy new rod and reel, and not as new kayak out for some real trout fishing.
Went to crappy tire and bought my first dry flies..no drying agent but I digress.
Got to my new favorite TOP SECRET lake( sounds like miner. :lol: )
Missed the obvious pull out for parking and in trying to get close to the lake to launch the yak drove off the shoulder...and got stuck.
Luckily some local lads gave me a push and I was out..phew..
Started kind of late and took me long time to figure out what they were rising for..and luckily for me it was the #12 mosquito from crappy tire that they were into. So from 5:00 to 6:15 I caught 6, missed at least as many, and lost about 3. All 6 inches.
Then on the last one I discovered the davy knot weakness.. and promptly released my fly with fish attached.
The pike are still there I tried to do my civic duty, but really had nothing big enough to catch it.
Did see one big bow deeper, as it hammered under my yak.
All in all a great day.!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

THANKS TO SHARE. :P

fly fishing in a yak and get some action.what helse can we ask for......thats fishing. :wink:

joco..love it.

keep them coming bro. 8)