Tubing flip-fins

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Akira
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Tubing flip-fins

Post by Akira »

Has anyone tried these types of flip-fins? I'm looking at replacing my crappy diving fins that I use because they pinch the hell out of my feet and make it uncomfortable in the water after a few hours... The flip-fins look interesting as you can walk in them ! :)

http://www.flipfins.com/index.php?page= ... =navigator
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

These exact fins were tested right here on Fish-Hawk. You can find the review here.
Akira
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Akira »

ah... should of done a search.. thanks Fiish... Guess they aren't the best fins... I thought the flip idea was pretty useful though...
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Akira,

I used to have a probelm with my fins pinching as well but eliminated the problem by drilling a couple of holes in the bottom (at the toe section). Without the holes your feet wedge deep into the foot pocket, but the negative pressure inside the pocket prevents your foot from slipping out. Before I altered my fins I could go maybe an hour and a half before I had to take a break do to my feet. Having drilled the holes, I'm good all day...no more pinching.

If you're still looking to drop some $$ on fins I would suggest that you look at the Force Fins.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Akira
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Akira »

Todd B. wrote:Akira,

I used to have a probelm with my fins pinching as well but eliminated the problem by drilling a couple of holes in the bottom (at the toe section). Without the holes your feet wedge deep into the foot pocket, but the negative pressure inside the pocket prevents your foot from slipping out. Before I altered my fins I could go maybe an hour and a half before I had to take a break do to my feet. Having drilled the holes, I'm good all day...no more pinching.

If you're still looking to drop some $$ on fins I would suggest that you look at the Force Fins.
ah, that's a good idea Todd.. thanks for the tip.. I think I'll try that.. I have nothing to lose as they were just going to sit around and collect dust anyways! Thanks!!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Three 1/4" holes should do the trick.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."