My first musky on a fly 27"

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Climber2k
Participant
Participant

My first musky on a fly 27"

Post by Climber2k »

It was 2 nights ago and I went out to a spot where I had seen bass spawning
and decided to finally return.
There is some nice current there and I got set up to fish a seam.
Couple of casts/ drift retrieves and bam a one pound smallie caught and released. Couple more casts and bam a smaller one hits it and runs upstream. That's when the jaws from the deep appears and chases it into the rocks. Now I couldn't see exactly what happened, but my guess is it ate the bass and luckily for me? The fly hooked in the very corner of its mouth where it was protected. 5 minutes later after some aerials and smaller runs I beached it, lay my rod against to measure it and very gingerly removed the hook. This same section of river I have seen a monster body roll further down so I guess there is more in there. Lots of gar as well.
Now I need to bring my kayak in there so I can fish it from a different angle and get to the spots on the other side of the current.
Also why do people not pick up their used line? I have been there about 4 times and I am always picking up yards of mono and garbage.

:evil:
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Good one on the first Musky on a fly. I also feel the need to vent about litter bugs aswell. I was at a small Calabogie trout lake not long ago and picked up an entire garbage bag worth of junk. What I dont understand was the amount of line. One jerk must've left a whole spool worth of 20lb test....ITS A TROUT LAKE!!!! I have often thought about hauling in old garbage cans and leaving them around. However, if they got used, I would have to go empty them. I am a shore angler and hope guys on boats are'nt as bad these tools or we're in trouble.

Thanks for the vent.
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

this is just great....cool.

thanks to share and if you can a pict would be cool to.

keep flying bud.

joco