My First Fly Fishing Experience

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

awesome man
i have to pick up a fly rod and reel one of these days
congrats
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

Wicked report man. For some reason I knew you'd love fly fishing. Not that I've done it much, but man is it a good time.

Keep er up bud. Catch ya soon
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

Evan wrote:I didn't know you can fish Kenauk without staying overnight. What's a "day-pass" cost for fishing? and do you need to book in advance?
Yes there are some day lakes...costs about $80 for a day pass (wife bought it for me as a gift), and because they only put one angler or group per lake calling in advance is a good idea.
Wishing I was fishing
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

I grew up seeing a fly rod in my dads closet but can barely remember seeing him cast it ... then on one of my trips back home my buddy had his fly rod out and after watching him land a few (and me catching nothing), I came back to Ottawa and bought the whole setup ... I tried it once and absolutely loved it ... really nice way to fish ... nice way to catch bass ... I plan to try and hit some serious rainbow and brookie spots ...

Sure doesn't look like you need any lessons though ... looks like you had a really good experience ... thats great.