Mississippi

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Mississippi

Post by bobfly »

Got a couple of hours in after work on Friday on my home water. Best time is in the evenings (and not on weekends) especially at popular locations. Landed five like this one in two hours plus many of the other usual suspects, some on the dry fly. No hatch which is surprising. I've never seen so much water this time of year. Even the weeds are not their usual nuisance.

bobfly

Note the best way to handle the fish if you are on your own. Also, all my flies are single hook and barbless. I did not lose a single fish other than the little ones which I didn't want to haul in anyway.
bobfly
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Mississippi

Post by ShawnD »

You know, you could buy one of those underwater camera's, so the fish would never be out of water.. :roll:

Always nice to get out and land a few nice ones.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

With that foam in the pic I can guesstimate you were within 200ft of a bridge I bet!! 8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bobfly »

The underwater camera is on my list! We are often told that trout and certainly bass are opportunistic feeders but a fellow I met who had an underwater camera placed near his bait noted that several trout came and sniffed the worm but showed no real interest in biting.

And no, I was not near a bridge but I was near some fast water. I was in my float tube so I'll let you guess again where i was. :P
bobfly