wading boot maintenance

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
swampsinger
Participant
Participant

wading boot maintenance

Post by swampsinger »

I've noticed the felts on my boots are getting thin. I would like to know where I can get them replaced. I suppose the upside to this is, I did enough fly fishing to wear them out. :)
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: wading boot maintenance

Post by Todd B. »

Just pick up some replacement felt soles at your local shop and take them to a shoe repair store and have them replace the felt for you.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Tominywa
Participant
Participant

Post by Tominywa »

I want to change. It's the same because of me it starts to feel.
swampsinger
Participant
Participant

Post by swampsinger »

Todd B. wrote:Just pick up some replacement felt soles at your local shop and take them to a shoe repair store and have them replace the felt for you.
I used to patronise the Green Drake. They closed shortly after I got outfitted and serious about fly fishing. Is there a dedicated fly shop in eastern Ontario? I find Sail, Cabelas try but I would imagine a proper fly shop would have more to offer.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

On a side note I personally prefer using AquaStealth vibram soled boots now and screw in some Hardbite Star cleats for added safety. I've found that the sole/cleats will pretty much last for the entire lifetime of the boot.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mitch »

Swampsinger I get some of my supplies through https://www.driftoutfitters.com/

Alternately, www.HookLineandSinker.ca