Looking for some Eastern Ontario Fly rivers

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Deuces
Participant
Participant

Looking for some Eastern Ontario Fly rivers

Post by Deuces »

So I’ve given up on finding any type of trout streams/rivers here… but I really would like to find some stone bottom fly creeks or rivers near me for bass, pike or what ever to be honest.

Anyone familiar with the Arnprior/Renfrew/Pembroke area that knows of some nice rivers that can be waded and flies?
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for some Eastern Ontario Fly rivers

Post by JimW »

I am not sure about the areas you mentioned but there are several sections of the Mississippi River near Appleton and in the Lanark highlands that you can wade and fish for smallmouth bass.
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
swampsinger
Participant
Participant

Post by swampsinger »

I would suggest bonnechere river eganville to douglas and other stretches. The muskrat river has good wading areas as well. If your looking to pass the winter tying flies and other fly fishing activities Algonkin Fly Fishers are starting up again this fall after the covid hiatus.
swampsinger
Participant
Participant

Post by swampsinger »

Forgot to mentions flies. I've pretty much got it narrowed down to three Patterns for 90% of my smallmouth count. Grizzly buggar , clouser , seaducer. Some of those patterns are in earlier posts.