Post your How To questions by replying here.....

How do I post a picture? How do I link to an URL? Not sure on something, find out here.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Click on the Outbox icon. If there are messages in there, they have not yet been read. Good luck. :lol:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

URL's

Post by Walker »

If you want to show a reference to another site how do you display it.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

fire fox browser

Post by Bear »

no matter how i try i just cant figure out the settings to view pictures on this site using firefox .... i always could view them before the changes were made to the board . I do have my java settings enabled but ......

no problem with IE or netscape

any suggestions
thanx
Bear

That may have been a little pre mature ...... for some reason I cant see any of the pics on slushpuppys long weekend report on any browser tonite
most others are ok any suggestions before i pull out any hair i have left :roll:
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: fire fox browser

Post by Bobber »

Bear wrote:no matter how i try i just cant figure out the settings to view pictures on this site using firefox .... i always could view them before the changes were made to the board . I do have my java settings enabled but ......

no problem with IE or netscape

any suggestions
thanx
Bear

That may have been a little pre mature ...... for some reason I cant see any of the pics on slushpuppys long weekend report on any browser tonite
most others are ok any suggestions before i pull out any hair i have left :roll:
Hi Bear, I suspect this is a compatibility issue with Firefox and perhpas our resizing tool. Are you still having problems? Can you see in IE and Netscape but not in firefox?
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: URL's

Post by Bobber »

Walker wrote:If you want to show a reference to another site how do you display it.
Hi Walker, please check the How To. I've added a thread.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Hi Bear, I suspect this is a compatibility issue with Firefox and perhpas our resizing tool. Are you still having problems? Can you see in IE and Netscape but not in firefox?
Hi Bobber thanks for getting back to me, I kinda have it half butt'd figured out
if i right click the pic place holder the pics load in a seperate window, I hit the back button and they are all there :roll: :roll:

may be cause i still use w/98, haven't checked recently with the other browsers

Bear
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Bear wrote:
Hi Bobber thanks for getting back to me, I kinda have it half butt'd figured out
if i right click the pic place holder the pics load in a seperate window, I hit the back button and they are all there :roll: :roll:

may be cause i still use w/98, haven't checked recently with the other browsers

Bear
This is with Firefox eh? I haven't tested the resize stuff with Firefox. As a workaround, I'll change the size of the resize so that fewer pics actually get resized. The main purpose of this tool is so when people post pics that are wider than the screen, (high resolution) all the formatting does not get screwed up. Let me know if it gets any better in the next little while. This may not solve it, but might make it a little more BEARable. (pun intended :lol: )

Cheers,
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

This may not solve it, but might make it a little more BEARable. (pun intended Laughing )
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanx Bobber but dont waste a bunch of time on my account

Gonna upgrade soon I hope :?
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Bobber -

I noticed you have a bio / profile added to your signature. Very cool! I didn't notice instructions on how to do this in the how-to forum. Is this feature available to everyone?

Profiles are good stuff! :)
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hi SteveO,

The bio/profile thing is something new that I have not yet launched for the general population. It's coming soon though so stay tuned on what's required in order to have one.

cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Superdad »

Bobber;

Joined the Gallery adn trying to use the image url's but the pics are being seen.

Here's an example.

We were changing lures with each trolling pass and finally the reel screamed and I was able to land a real nice 26 inch fish. The fish hit a 3/4 oz. Power Dive Minnow - one of my favourites.

As we were marking all kinds of fish, the decision was made to stay put and work these fish. Several passes later the planer board acted rea funny and the reel clicked several clicks - not the reel screamer!!!!!! Laker John's turn at the reel and he landed a nice fish that will grace his table.

We're not skunked again we said- we have been most fortunate to get fish almost every time we're out together.

We were getting these fish trolling down-wind and wondered if we would ever get one going into the wind, around 1615 the planer board went sideways and the reel clicked away. My turn to fight the fish and we netted another fine fish for the table.

This is just everyother place for posting pictures, but the pics are being see.

David aka Superdad
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hey David,

You don't actually cut and paste the URL that you see up in the toolbar, that only shows "where" the picture is in the application.

What you are looking for is "where" the photo is located on the server, where it is uploaded to. You do this by finding the photo and then "right clicking" on it. This will pop up a menu and you will see at the bottom a selection called "Properties". Click on this and it will open a properties box where you will see "Address (URL)". Next to that you should see something like this.. ...

Code: Select all

http://www.fish-hawk.net/photogallery/albums/userpics/thumb_IMG_1884.JPG
Notice the .JPG extention, this is the "actual file" that you need to refer to in your post.

Highlight this text and then press and hold down the CTRL button, while pressing the INSERT button once. This will "copy" the highlighted text. Next go into your message and "paste" what you just copied by pressing and holding down the SHIFT button, while hitting the INSERT button again. This will paste what you copied before from the pic into your message.

For more information on how to post a picture, plesae visit this post.
http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=31

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
pontiac
Participant
Participant

Re: Post your How To questions by replying here.....

Post by pontiac »

Bobber wrote:Not sure how to do something within Hawk Talk, post your question here and we'll get a How To tip up within this section so that everyone can benefit from it.
just wanted to know how to post a message?
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Post your How To questions by replying here.....

Post by Bobber »

pontiac wrote:
Bobber wrote:Not sure how to do something within Hawk Talk, post your question here and we'll get a How To tip up within this section so that everyone can benefit from it.
just wanted to know how to post a message?
Hey Pontiac, welcome to the site. If you want to post a new message, just click on the button that says "New Topic". Seems you already have "reply" down. :lol: Most of the conversation happens in the Fish-hawk fishing forum under Fishing Talk, but there are several others forums for various topics. Take a look around.

BTW, I moved your Sturgeon question into the Fishing Talk forum.

Hope that helps.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Saving a Draft Post

Post by Cyber »

When I'm in the middle of writing up a post & I decide to use the 'Save as Draft' feature, just where in the *&^#$@%^&*@#$$!%^^& does it go!!!!!!!!!

Please help me save my Monitor, I'm trying to post a Bass Boat for sale by a buddy o' mine @ work and I've lost all my work 3 times between scanning the picture, posting it to a 'host' website, rotating & resizing, copying the URL,.......AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't take it anymore!!!!

(I'll try again later) But seriosly, anyone know how to get the 'draft' back???