Top Posters this month

Main Menu

Statistics

Total posts 338399
Total topics 39879
Total members 7378
Our newest member Weitirty

LF: Tree stand and/or Game Camera

Free to non-business registrants, use this Forum to advertise the tackle, or boats or motors you have for sale, whatever...Businesses can send me an email to discuss advertising rates.
  • Supported By...

LF: Tree stand and/or Game Camera

Postby highlander » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Getting into deer hunting for the first time. Long time waterfowl and turkey guy, into rabbits and pheasant too, but never big game.

I'm finding there are a few must haves that I'm hoping to pick up this week.. Ladder style tree stand, game camera, etc.

If there are any kicking around gathering dust, please PM or post here. I'd love to snag a deal as i'm not sure this will stick. I could also return after the season is done if there's someone out there just taking the year off.

:)

Ian
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: LF: Tree stand and/or Game Camera

Postby acadian101 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:23 pm

A must have for big game hunting , is big patience, heheh
acadian101
Participant
Participant

Postby highlander » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:48 am

Picked up a treestand this past weekend from a local family owned retailer. very happy.
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Postby smitty55 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 am

highlander wrote:Picked up a treestand this past weekend from a local family owned retailer. very happy.

Good for you. So did you get a ladder stand? They are so much nicer than using tree pegs and a hang on stand.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby highlander » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:56 am

smitty55 wrote:
highlander wrote:Picked up a treestand this past weekend from a local family owned retailer. very happy.

Good for you. So did you get a ladder stand? They are so much nicer than using tree pegs and a hang on stand.

Cheers

Yup, ladder. pretty nice, heavy duty. Much heavier than I expected. it's the summit solo pro.
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Postby smitty55 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:25 pm

highlander wrote:
smitty55 wrote:

Cheers

Yup, ladder. pretty nice, heavy duty. Much heavier than I expected. it's the summit solo pro.

Yikes, 84 pounds. That is heavy for sure. You won't be carrying that too far at a time. I have an aluminum one which makes it pretty easy to handle. It can be erected and taken down in one piece which is nice. Methinks you'll have to do yours in two sections.
So what type of trail cam are you looking for? I have 3 black led models and they sure are nice. Nighttime videos aren't as good as the red led models but you absolutely can't tell when they are on so there is no spooking of game at all from a glow. Plus the reaction time and detection range on the newer models are amazing now.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby highlander » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:31 pm

smitty55 wrote:Yikes, 84 pounds. That is heavy for sure. You won't be carrying that too far at a time.

Nope. Setup. Leave it there. Take down sometime (not sure when -- maybe in the spring or never).

smitty55 wrote:So what type of trail cam are you looking for?

Cheap and working. :)
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Postby Out4trout » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm

highlander wrote:
smitty55 wrote:So what type of trail cam are you looking for?

Cheap and working. :)

Cheap trailcams just aren't worth your time in my opinion. They take crappy pictures and are slow to trigger. I have tried a bunch and regretted it.
However, there are low end but quality brand units available. My latest is a Spypoint Force 11 - it was 150+50 for the bearbox. I can recommend that unit, it works great, trigger is 0.3 second.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby smitty55 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 pm

I totally agree Len. One of my favorite sayings is that you'll never regret buying quality, but most often regret buying junk.

Ian just keep an eye out for trail cam sales. It's about that time of year.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Return to Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade, Rent Your Stuff