Register

Main Menu

Statistics

Total posts 338866
Total topics 39981
Total members 7487
Our newest member grantgush10

WANTED: Looking for SOT fishing kayak

Free to non-business registrants, use this Forum to advertise the tackle, or boats or motors you have for sale, whatever...Businesses can send me an email to discuss advertising rates.
  • Supported By...

WANTED: Looking for SOT fishing kayak

Postby Harpee61 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Sold the last boat (Pelican Catch 120) to try to upgrade. Perhaps some of you are thinking of selling come Spring so I thought I'd see if perhaps I could get something early and clear out your garage! Looking for something like a Jackson Big Rig or WS ATAK 120 or Old Town Predator or similar. Want something stable enough to stand with comfortable seating and of quality so will pay reasonable price for the right one. Let me know.
Harpee61
Participant
Participant

Re: WANTED: Looking for SOT fishing kayak

Postby BC FD » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 pm

Not sure what your price range is or what used kayaks sell for but I bought a WS 140 ATAK from Paddleshack at Fairlawn Plaza a year ago at the beginning of November.
It was on clearance for about 1/2 price.
Was about $1200 or $1300.
They sell on Ebay .com for about $1700 us.
I really like the 140.
My son and I were both fishing out of it at the same time beginning of Dec in Port Charlotte Florida.
We rented another kayak one day but we found if I moved the seat forward it would easily support both of us. I weigh 260 and my son is about 210.
If they don't have anything on clearance, try Jenda paddle sports. 5426 Dalmeny road.
There are a few kayak forums online too.
I have done a little freshwater and quite a lot of saltwater fishing in the 140 and it is a really nice rig with probably the most comfortable seat you will find.
It is a little heavy at 85lbs.
It has tracks for mounting rod holders as well.
Caught a couple of Bonnet head sharks the first time I was out in Charlotte harbour and that gave a whole new meaning to the word fun.(til they tried to jump in the boat.) An 8 lb Snook took me for a good ride as well.
Jackson makes nice rigs as well.
I was looking for a Coosa HD but they were way out of my budget when I found the 140.
Kayaks do pop up the odd time here as well.
I bought a Perception off this sight last August but never got a chance to use it yet.
Nice looking kayak but the 140 seat still has me sold.
Good luck with your search.
Mitch
BC FD
Participant
Participant

Postby Harpee61 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 am

Mitch
Thanks a lot for taking the time and the feedback. I'm more and more leaning towards the ATAK so it's great to get unbiased feedback. I'm keeping an eye on Paddleshack and actually last Fall almost pulled the trigger on a Kraken they had reduced. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't and I hope they'll get something more suitable in my price range or that someone will part with the right rig.Tight lines. R
Harpee61
Participant
Participant

Postby silverlakejimmy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:28 pm

I have an Atak 120 it is a little heavy but very stable . I love mine and use it as much as I can. The options you can add are endless.

Jim Miles Guide Services
silverlakejimmy
Participant
Participant

Postby Harpee61 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks a lot, that's good to know. I'm leaning more and more towards it but I've also been looking at the Sea Ghost 130 which really seems like a good bargain and has a fanatic following.
Thanks again
Harpee61
Participant
Participant

Return to Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade, Rent Your Stuff