Think I did it now....Couple of odds & ends.....

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

I was thinking that too MT, but it looks more labour than $. Although the seats can't be cheap! Just a question here but the floor, I notice you guys like the carpet, My friend redid his 26' doral with a tile installed by the boat top guy. You can mop it out at the end of the day and it's non slip love it, a thought for you guys. Man we need a boat forum to discuss these things!
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Martin,

remind me of this at Quinte will ya!

I'd like to hear more about that product :!:
ontariodreaming
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ontariodreaming »

fishforfun wrote:My friend redid his 26' doral with a tile installed by the boat top guy. You can mop it out at the end of the day and it's non slip love it, a thought for you guys. Man we need a boat forum to discuss these things!
That ran through my brain too. Previous boat was fiberglass with snap in carpet in cockpit. Carpet was nice but it was much easier to not have carpet down since fiberglass did have rough surface. Current boat is all composite. Floor is like half inch cutting board. Real easy to maintain.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Mine becomes a skating rink in the winter and is a serious safety hazzard.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Markus I was thinking about yours when he did it, but I don't think the non slip tile would work in winter conditions. Your boat in those conditions would require industrial rubber matting (with the holes in it) attached to the floor via velcro or double sided tape, something that can be removed in the summer. She sure is a skating rink in winter right now :wink:
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D :D

Well, ....I think I did it now, ...."to coin a phrase" :lol: :roll:

First a few responses....
packrat wrote:That's a nice piece of workmanship Skooter. Well done. :D Now----about that basement :roll: :?:
Packrat, .....I thought you were my friend, ......another outburst like that, ....you're "OFF" my Christmas list.... :evil: :lol: :wink:
M.T. Livewell wrote:Skooter, if I may ask just for giggles, how much has your curiosity cost so far?

M.T. Livewell
MT, .....you, ...ah, ....lookin for the official estimate, ....as submitted to the "auditor General",
.....or the, ...."if word gets out, .....you're a marked man" estimate. :lol:

1)$100.00 or so, ...on wood...., :roll:

2)$40.00 on carpet, :wink:
...(side note), .....was out in a few boats this year that had good carpet in it, .....there was always another carpet, or something, on the carpet, .....to protect the carpet...
For $40.00, ....I'll just replace it as necessary.... :D

3)$50.00 misc, ....screws, glue, ...trim, ...etc

4)WAY TO MUCH ON SEATS..... :shock:

Let's just say, ....I'm still under my $400.00 budget..., but it's got a "hell" of a dent in it.... :roll: :wink:

Okay, ....To today's accomplishments..... :wink:

Here's the back cover, ....with the front cover, ....prior to varnishing....makes quite a difference eh? ....(if you're wondering, ....it's "spar" or marine varnish)

You've probably all been waiting for the carpet part...

So, ...."Pitter", "Patter", ...."Let's Get at 'er" :wink:

Passenger side front...

whackin off the "extreme" excess, .... :shock:

The back "trimmed" down....

Time to put down the pedestal bases....

Hole was already there for the driver's seat...

...and the passenger side...

Geeze, ....not even fastened down yet, ...and it needs vaccuming, .... :roll: :cry:

Oh yeah, ....I "wasted" a 1/2 hr. here, .... putting my seat together, ...just to see what it would look like...
:roll: :lol:

Back to accomplishing something... 8)

The rear pedestal base

I said I was going to put it in the middle, ....Guess I lied, :roll:

...I was all ready to lay it out, ....and changed my mind, :shock: ....call it male intuition, ...or something, :lol:
....we'll see if it was a good idea....(if you think it was a good idea, ...let me know, :wink: ...if not, ....I don't want to hear about it.... :lol: )

It's "slice" & "Dice" time :D

I bought some nice trim to put around the carpet, ....time constraints prevent me from doin' it right, ....so, ....as long as it's functional for now, ...the "make up" can wait till winter....(too bad women can't understand the "logic" of this) :shock: :lol:

"Trim" & a "shave", ... for the front storage....

Both area's done now....

Last cut, ....down the side....

So, ....that's it for the carpet, .....now when I replace it,....I have the old carpet to use as a template.....neat, ....eh?

Oh, ...that piece in the storage area is just an off cut, from the side, ...just stuck it in there for the time being, ....it "almost" fits, ....but there's extra piece of carpet left, ....for when I finish it up right.... 8)

What?, ......okay, ...okay...., ....I'll put the "covers" on, .....for a minute :wink:

Here's the back seat, ....I like it there... :D

The covers hold me up, ....no problem, :D
.....I guess I won't know how strong they really are, ...till I get Hoss back out with me, .... :shock: :lol:

:idea: Hmmmmm, ....as an alternative, ....maybe I can coax Mark into joining me for a bit at Quinte, :D But, .....near the end of the weekend, ...(just in case...) :lol:

So the covers are back inside, ....more varnish and sanding required...

Last pic.....

Already have the storage areas full...

I got all day Wed. to "fine" tune it, ....would have liked to have water tested it before I go, .....but, ....I'm confident, :roll:
....(AH, ...anyone have an extra seat, ....or three, .....just covering the bases here....) :lol: :lol:

I'll show ya all a few pics wed., ..... before I "wrap" her up for the trip.... :wink:

So, .....Everybody, ...Enjoy your weekend, :!: :D

......SAY WHAT? :shock: ...it's Sunday night, .....already, :roll:

....Well then, ....I hope everyone "HAD" a good weekend.... :lol: :wink:

skooter
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Looks great Skooter....I can hardly wait to test it out for ya. :D

Smart butt wrote:
....(AH, ...anyone have an extra seat, ....or three, .....just covering the bases here....)
If you need and extra seat for Quinte I can lend you one for the weekend.:wink:
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

Its worth repeating. A very nice piece of workmanship Skooter. People who dont take a little pride in their work and just do it any old way just to get the job done drive me crazy. psssst am I back "on" your xmas list now :roll:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Very nice work Skooter my man! Congrats for getting it finished on time! You sure went the extra mile to replace a couple rivets....they are replaced right? But I think getting that old wet styro out of there was a good thing.

I can't wait to admire your work at quinte. :P
ontariodreaming
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Scooter,

Awesome job... Looks great... This probably has been the most interesting post this year.

Markus,
I see you point about ice and fiberglass. Probably will not be doing much fishing in that weather. Although current boat has much deeper grooves in the flooring.
[/quote]
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I get by in the winter, but i need to constantly remind my guests. :lol:
ontariodreaming
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Markus wrote:I get by in the winter, but i need to constantly remind my guests. :lol:
Just tell them to bring their skates.. :lol:
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

VERY NICE!!!!

i noticed your drivers seat is the exact same seats that come in Lund Boats...
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Nice job Skoot... I'm very impressed... Your going to put a floor in my tinny when?? Maybe you could be a onsite adviser for me, pay is open fridge in my garage... :shock: We'll talk about it when i take you out perchin this winter... :wink:
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Jammer I can only imagine what Skooter is going to put on your "little girl"