Winter boat projects..

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

John wrote:Get repairs done under warranty and hopefully be back in action for the spring :cry:
Well got the call today. Pressure testing showed no signs of a leak. So no needed repairs right now. Water in the lower gear is on record for warranty purposes.

Will check the lower gear oil after a couple of runs next season if there is water, then Merc will have to do something - Words from authorized merc mechanic.

I can now relax
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

That's great news Norm! Glad to hear everything worked out for ya ;-) ;-)...Now get that Habs logo painted on both sides! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Urbanfisherman
Participant
Participant

Post by Urbanfisherman »

I just bought my boat about one month ago... 12ft Aluminum Car Topper.

This is what I have in plan for the winter.

1st: I have to sell my Sportspal so I can pay for the motor that I was borrowing from my neighbour.

2nd: I have to replace the seats, the old wood is rotten. I hope to turn them into storage since they are just seats right now. I figure a piano hing and 1/2 inch plywood should do the trick.

3rd: I'd like to find some old computer chair and turn it into a boat seat.

4th: I think I have a small leak in the back of the boat. I'll have to find something to fix that. Suggestions are always welcome. I think their was a post about leaks in aluminium boats a little while back.

5th: I hope to save some money to buy and install one of those hydrofoils for my 9.9hp.

6th: If I get all of this done. I might contemplate getting it painted in my cousins spray booth or just Tremclad it.

I think that's it...but I was hoping to find time to learn to tie flies... it all comes down to time management lol!!

UF
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

start taking pics
we like watching other people work. :lol:
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

A BOAT FORUM WOULD BE NICE! ....HINT ! HINT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

U got it!

Post by Legend »

:) Well it seems we got our wish... a boat forum! :D

The Battleship will get upgraded over the winter with custom, super strong dipsey rod holders.

And I need a VHF system of some kind.

Everything else stays status quo. I don't need a kicker when it costs $6 -$8 a day to do a 12 mile run and back plus the troll. :D Ya gotta love four strokes!

:) Legend
Lunkerlurker
Participant
Participant

Post by Lunkerlurker »

Yippee! A boat forum :D

As a boat project I have to redesing the front deck and changing my gravity fed livewell to a aerator/pump with a auto timer controller.

Now all I have to do is work on those front deck blueprints :D

LL