Winter boat projects..

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

*deleted*
Last edited by BBRich on Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Replace the bilge pump and have her ready for any given weekend throughout the winter. I have my goals set for a 20lb laker this winter. :P
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Big Bass Rich wrote:
Sweet! A boat with a motor!

Sweet! Another cheap shot at me!
Rich,

Ya can't play both sides of the fence... :? ...when Markus says something to you it's a cheap shot...but when you take a shot at him it's a joke.....if ya can't take it....stop poking the bull.... :lol: :lol:

RJ
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

RJ wrote:
Big Bass Rich wrote:
Sweet! A boat with a motor!

Sweet! Another cheap shot at me!
Rich,

Ya can't play both sides of the fence... :? ...when Markus says something to you it's a cheap shot...but when you take a shot at him it's a joke.....if ya can't take it....stop poking the bull.... :lol: :lol:

RJ
Sweet! Another cheap shot at Markus!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MT
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

You guys are too much!! Anyone stop at Quinte to look at what Roughrider has done with his tiller driven boat? Gave me some ideas, comfortable, practical and importantly affordable :wink: If your reading RR nice job!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Roughrider has a tiller?...I never saw his boat without the cover on.... :lol:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Funny, I was staring in his boat looking at the great job he did on the windshield. Never really looked behind the console for a steering wheel, just kind of expected it to be there. :shock:

M.T. Livewell
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

My 12ft beast will be stored for the winter of course, but come spring it will have a trolling motor mounted at the front, it will a fish finder and rod holders!

Nothing too major but its gonna look more like a fishing boat now. I was suppose to have all that done by this summer but ended up picking up another job which gave me little free time.

I'd love to add the casting deck that I'm still planning to add on... but its just hard finding the time.
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by roughrider »

RJ,the cover was on because I figured someone would slip a banana or two under a seat. :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually we thought about buying a bushel in town and throwing them into markus's ride. :lol: :lol:

Thanks FFF,it was done exclusively for Quinte;cheap,dry,handy electronics. 8)

roughrider
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

roughrider wrote:Actually we thought about buying a bushel in town and throwing them into markus's ride. :lol: :lol:
Nice try gentlemen. I found the stowed bananas before I even left the parking lot. :lol:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

I project I'll be turning my boat upside down in about 2-3 weeks, putting on the tarp and tying it down.

Then I'll go skidooing and forget all about it until may.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Yes it's a tiller and she was handling the water way better than we were! Weight distribution I don't know? They don't call him Roughrider for nothing :wink: I'll say it again we need a boat forum :lol: RR that boat is definitely eqipped for Quinte, RJ ask for a few pics the mods would enhance the meat boat!
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Markus wrote:
roughrider wrote:Actually we thought about buying a bushel in town and throwing them into markus's ride. :lol: :lol:
Nice try gentlemen. I found the stowed bananas before I even left the parking lot. :lol:
Parking lot...

I liked the smoke show you did spinning your tires up the hill...not to mention the car right behind your boat following you up the hill :shock:

-et
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

New boat so no boat work for me after the winterize. However, I have been remiss in looking after my tackle, a recent musike trip gave me poor casting and a noisy reel. An Abu 6501C3.

Taking it apart and a bit of oil helped that but the drag washers looked worn - only 2 seasons. So this winter will be some new SmoothDrag washers and maybe some ABEC 5 ceramic bearings. I am also looking into getting some 6501 parts for my wifes' 5501 to add the line-out "clicker" for trolling.

For those with the ABU C3, a great guide to servicing is given here:

http://www.adventuretackle.com/reel%20t ... enance.htm
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

eye-tracker wrote: Parking lot...

I liked the smoke show you did spinning your tires up the hill...not to mention the car right behind your boat following you up the hill :shock:

-et
Thought that went unnoticed. :oops: :lol:

We made it. :P