Batteries

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Batteries

Post by muskymatt »

What is the best cranking battery available for a 115hp engine
I would like to upgrade and I would like some input on brand names and I have also seen a battery box with all kinds of features on it
Are these good ??
Haybay Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Batteries

Post by Haybay Larry »

I have tried many brands in my time. However I currently have a Trojan deep cycle battery that has been in use for 7 seasons and is still going strong. I fished 3 times aweek on average for 5 years. I would not hesitate to put another trojan battery for deep cycle or a starting type in my boat....Larry
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Trojan

Post by Graembo »

I'm lookin for a new cranking battery too this year. Apparently LOST mine over the last off-season. Have a buddy that's run the trojans for 3 tourney seasons as 2wide trolling batts and he's more than thoroughly impressed (which is hard to do with that bassturd).
Now, to find out which one to go for....def gp 27 (u might want the same size there matt, with cd player crankin all day long!) Trojan's website's down for the specs :evil: :evil:

G
Princess Auto's my saviour....LED submersible trailer light kit....NO MORE *&^%$ trailer light bulbs!!! :lol: :lol:
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

I use the Eveready cranking battery and it has never let me down yet. Good price and works well.
I wouldn't use a deep cycle battery for cranking because it has less cold cranking amps and I don't want to be stuck out on the water
Cheers
JP[/code]
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Graembo »

Matt
Just picked up a Trojan 27TM for $100 at total battery off bentley.
They even had it in stock. It's their cranking/ lots-of-electronics-to-run battery. Looks like the perfect battery, for me at least.
G
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I'm with JP on this one. I have an Eveready and it's a great battery.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Thanks guys , gives me a good idea of where to start.
bass ackwards
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Batteries

Post by bass ackwards »

If money was not a factor, I'd get an AGM style starter battery type 27, or the big guy type 31. These are vibration resistant, no water to add, no acid leakage. Sweet Deal.