Princecraft Starfish DLX SC

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Princecraft Starfish DLX SC

Post by Joey Rat »

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2003 Starfish with a 40hp Merc 4 stroke EFI on the back and a 40lb thrust Minnkota on the front for about $10,000. Boat and trailer are in excellent condition and all the basic gear is included.

It's my first boat so I'm interested in any thoughts folks might have.

I note that the newer models have more storage and wondered if adding storage is an option. (I.E altering the existing decks)

Thanks
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Can't go too wrong with a Prince craft.

PM Topwater, I believe he has one of these as well...
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

And Saskie / Saskette have something very similar too.

There's a reason why there are a ton of old Princecrafts out there - they last and last. And I'll speak for Bobber who owns another manufacturer's boat of the same size Princecraft I use (Pro Series 169LX) - some of the water we fish in the Princecraft is not suitable for his boat. The P craft is tough tough tough.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Princecraft.

Post by Joey Rat »

Thanks guys, there doesn't seem to be any doubt that most folks think highly of Princecraft in general.

I've decided that this one is not the boat for me. Meets my fishing needs but the perhaps not the general family needs.

Missed out on an '89 17' super pro fish n ski in the citizen this weekend but I think this is possibly a better route to go.

By the by, I found the boat buying advice elsewhere on the site, very helpfull.
I'm just another beer drinker with a fishing problem!
derngt
Participant
Participant

Family Boat

Post by derngt »

I wanted to purchase a Bass Boat. However, wife and child wanted a "fun boat" So I just recently purchased the "2006 Four Winns 183 Fish and Ski" Basically, we are all happy. I am looking forward to putting it in the water on Saturday.

Cheers