Princecraft vs Lund

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Bondo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Princecraft vs Lund

Post by Bondo »

Okay folks, I think I've got it narrowed down to a Lund 1625 Classic side console VS a Princecraft Starfish DLX side console. Any pros or cons with either of these boats or manufacturers would be greatly appreciated. If you think you may offend the webmaster with replies then please PM me with your input. Thank you all
mdej
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mdej »

Both are a great boat. Negotiate the best deal and take it.

Lund "appear" to have the most resale value as people treasure the Lund brand.
Luke
Participant
Participant

Post by Luke »

You have it narrowed down to two good brands, In my opinion you can't go wrong with either, they are both good quality. I just bought a new non current Princecraft because the dealer was local, the deal seems good and I liked the options it came with. I would not hesitate to buy a Lund either. Look at the layout and features and see which one suits you best.
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

I bought my dreamboat 6 years ago, after spending 2 years researching what I wanted and what was available. I then came to the same conclusion you have just arrived at - Princecraft vs Lund. At this stage I could see very little difference between the two brands, and decided the next step was to compare dealers for good service after sales, and I ended up with the Princecraft from Laurentian Marine and have been happy ever since.

I might add that my career involve many transfers around Ontario, and I always had a similar problem buying a new car. To solve the problem of dealing with an unknown, I used to visit the service department of a new dealership before going to the sales centre - just go in on any morning - sit down with a coffee and watch how existing customers are handled by service personnel - its amazing what you can learn about a dealership, and how service after sales is handled - and I think this is as important as the product itself.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

mdej wrote:Lund "appear" to have the most resale value as people treasure the Lund brand.
Just be careful with the resale value of boats. If you pay more upfront then you should get more when selling. If you want to purchase something that holds it's value I would look into the real estate market. :wink:

I would side with Erie-Eyes that the post purchase service from the dealer would be the deciding point on the purchase.

Enjoy your new boat...

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
xRED
Participant
Participant

Post by xRED »

I was in the same boat (pardon the pun) last year when I finally bought.
I was looking at 17 foot dual consoles.
I just about bought a 17 pro sport with a 90 ETEC on it but decided to hold off.
Glad I did I found a 1900 pro with a 115 honda used for 10k less than the brand new 17.
I realize it is used but got bigger boat more power for less $$.
I would look at used boats as well way more bang for the buck IMO.
I see there is a beauty 1800 Fisherman in the trader for right around the price you will end up paying for either of those other boats used.

Either way don't think you can go wrong with either.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hi BONDO, I see you have some great advice so far. I will add my
2 cents. I was looking at this time last year for a second hand boat. My first choice was Princecraft. I have owned two before and love them. My other choice was a LUND. From What I have seen LUND is also a great boat! I just looked at the price and the options. The second hand LUND boats I saw for sale were more expensive then the second hand Princecraft boats. I was lucky the boat I bought was barely used. and I got a lot of options with it. Good luck! Enjoy your boat. In my opinion you can't go wrong either way.
Daver