Non-ethanol gas in the Constance Bay area?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Non-ethanol gas in the Constance Bay area?

Post by Flipper »

Ultramar recently switched over to 10% ethanol for their regular gas now so does anybody know where to buy non-ethanol regular gas in the Constance Bay area?
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

The MacEwen gas bar right in Constance Bay sells Regular Leaded and Ethanol for those who desire....the gas bar is located on Constance Bay road across from teh general store.
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Unless your running and old motor

Post by mikemicropterus »

:D Unless you are runnning an older motor you won't get a way from ethanol fuel. They are using ethanol to maintain octane and even thooufhg it is not posted on the pump amd the owner knows how the fuel was blended it will contain ethanol. Worry more about METHANOL.
I will find out but I suspect all the fuel these days has ethanol in it up to 5% at least.
This fuel will not hurt a motor built after '87'.
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ethanol

Post by Graembo »

All pumps are posted that all grades contain "up to" 10% ethanol....they're on the warning stickers or somewhere in 'fine print' on the pump. Like mike said, they're using it to maintain the octane rating.

The McEwans 89 octane Ethanol (with the corn husk outline) is for the newer vehicles that are E-85 compatible, any new (2003+ ?) GM truck is able to run this no problem. Stay far away from that stuff for a 2-stroke!

17 more sleeps! :P The dreams have already started.

G
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

Thanks folks.
I used MacEwen's gas back when my boat was new and caused problems. My dealer said to avoid it which I did and the problems never returned. I've been using the Ultramar gas since then with no issues. Their move to 10% ethanol worries me. I'll try it and see how it goes.
I wrote to Ultramar asking if they would go back to the gas they offered before but no reply yet. The Canadian government issued a report saying that ethanol has no benefit to the environment and I heard on the news this morning that Stanford University in the 'States has a report that ethanol actually causes more green house gases than gasoline! Makes me wonder if it's all motivated by profit and not green concerns :evil:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

does anyone know if the gas companies are also adding a % of ethanol to premium unleaded or just regular unleaded.